What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily’s Free Access Period Extended, Means iOS 4.3 Pushed Back

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHILJBw-104[/ame]​

MacRumors reports today that free access to News Corp’s The Daily iPad newspaper app has been extended until February 28. The free trial period was supposed to only last for two weeks, but now that it has been extended, MacRumors says that this is as good an indication as any that iOS 4.3 is not due for release for at least the next two weeks. This is because the subscription element of The Daily is thought to be tied in with Apple’s new in-app subscription service which will be introduced via iOS 4.3. Therefore, we’re probably now looking at the end of February for the introduction of iOS 4.3. Needless to say, it looks like the previously rumoured release date of February 14 for the introduction of iOS 4.3 is not happening! TUAW, who also covered the story, however, speculate that the extension of The Daily’s trial period may in fact not have anything to do with the release of iOS 4.3, and might actually have more to do with people not taking to The Daily, and The Daily management being worried that once people have to start paying for it, they’ll simply delete it. TUAW posits that maybe News Corp is hoping users will grow to love the app the longer they have it for free on their iPad, so much so that they'll want to start paying for it when the time comes.

Source: Free Access to 'The Daily' Extended to February 28th as Wait for iOS 4.3 Continues - Mac Rumors, TUAW

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My experience with the app is not good. I find it very slow to use and I have cable Internet . The. Down load time could be much better. I for one will delete it as I have free alternatives that offer excellent news cover.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
col.bris said:
My experience with the app is not good. I find it very slow to use and I have cable Internet . The. Down load time could be much better. I for one will delete it as I have free alternatives that offer excellent news cover.

Yes definitely, same problem here. I was very disappointed.

Shawn2774

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that it sometimes does not update from day-to-day. I can't imagine paying for it until they make it a bit better.

maliu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete the original and install the update. Huge improvement in stability I have a sloooow Internet connection and have had no problems with loading ( much quicker with the new version ). I just find it a little more magazine like than a newspaper. The USA today app gives you most of the meat without the fluff and it's free. I probably won't subscribe to the Daily buts it's nice at no cost.

Most reactions

Latest posts