What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The daily videos don't complete

Sbgranny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Play a video from the daily app. It stops about halfway thru. This was happening for awhile. Then it worked correctly for about a week. Now the problem is back.
Any suggestions?

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm not experienced in the app you name, but from my recollections of other posts about similar problems, increasing the buffer size of the downloading app seemed to correct most problems of this nature.
This may delay the playback startup, but the larger buffer allows the feed-in to keep in front of the output.
Hope this helps.

tmno2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I somehow new that you would ask me that, so I went and had a look at the app in the app store, and took the tour, as well as checking out one of the videos available for playback in the tour.
When you first hit the "play" button to download and play the video, the vid window pops up with a little button in the lowest part of the window that progresses from the left to the right as the video is downloaded into the buffer.
While there is a "play/pause" button to the left of the "buffer" if you hit the "play" before there is sufficient reserve in the buffer you will run out of reserve before the video completes.
If you allow the input flow to run it's course, without initiating the "play/pause" button, the video will begin playing when it assesses that the play to completion is balanced by the rate of input feed.
Just by the way, I hope your data contract is well padded enough to cope download overload.
Just by the look of the app, it's content, and daily refresh, I reckon Rupert Murdoch will be buying Verizon and AT&T, both shortly. There is lots of gold in "them there hills".

Hope this helps

OP
S

Sbgranny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Resetting my iPad seemed to have solved the problem for now.

Most reactions

Latest posts