What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily App Stop Working

earlrwells

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last 2 days when I launch The Daily App it will immediately crash. Will not work today as well. I also notice the USA Today will crash, but launching a second time all is well.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Often the way to fix these unexplained 'problems' is to reset the iPad. Many Forum members suggest you do this at least once a week.

Press - and hold - the Power button until a slider control appears asking if you want to switch the iPad off. Accept and the screen will display a rotating white 'bezel' while the iPad powers down.

Once the screen is completely blank, press - and hold - the power button until a white Apple logo appears on the screen. (When the iPad is powering up the automatic screen orientation doesn't work, so don't panic!). After about 15 seconds the iPad plays a 'jingle' and then, a few seconds later, the Home screen appears and you're back to 'normal'.

Hope this work for you.

Tim
Scotland

Drtkim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here...

The Daily app crashes every time i start ever since the recent update. I tried to reset my ipad.. Did not help. :confused:

Edarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to delete and reinstall the app. This fixed the problem for me.

jmay1547

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Daily App Stopped Working

Tried re-setting, doesn't help. The Daily app crashes every time I use it. At best I get to read one article before it crashes. And I paid for a one-year subscription!

pmmartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried re-setting, doesn't help. The Daily app crashes every time I use it. At best I get to read one article before it crashes. And I paid for a one-year subscription!

I don't think I will pay as it is very slow and crashes constantly. I can't believe a premier app by Apple is so full of bugs. It doesn't make sense?

Drtkim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After deleting and reinstalling, the Daily is working fine now without crash.

judicarmona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love The Daily and have enjoyed the two week free version and had every intention of signing up for the year subscription, however, I am having the same shutdown problem. I tried re-setting and re-installing, and neither have worked. The original version I purchased, before doing a sych and update never had that problem.

Help, please!!!

Thanks, Tim. I have actually done as you have suggested....a couple of times....and the problem persists. Any other ideas? Thanks so much, in advance. Judi

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to delete the app then just to finish off hold down off and home keys until white apple logo comes up and reset. Then down load the app again hope it works.

Xminus One

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's too bad that The Daily isn't consistent or predictable in it's crashes. For the two week trial period, I had no crashes at all. After I forked over the year's subscription, I started having crashes. one day last weekend, it crashed four times before I even got to the opinion section.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Dmarque

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pmmartin said:
I don't think I will pay as it is very slow and crashes constantly. I can't believe a premier app by Apple is so full of bugs. It doesn't make sense?

I was having the same incessant crashing problem with The Daily myself. I found the root of my problem was that I was stupidly leaving too many APPS open. Check to see if you don't have better results with less APPS open.....Hope this helps...

Respectfully,

Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts