What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Camera Connection Kit" For iPad3 ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Was about to purchase that $ 30 Camera Connection Kit for my new iPad3.

Looked at the reviews of it on Amazon, and sure seems confusing regarding if it works (well)
on the new iPad3.

Is it usable and fully functional on an iPad3 ?

Thanks,
Bob

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't encountered any problem with mine, which works consistently on my iPad1, iPad2, and iPad3. Hope that helps.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine works fine with my canon XSi. But beware for thumb drives its just about useless. It refuses to work with a PNY 16gb thumb drive. It's a brand new one so I figured it would be efficient enough to work.... Nope.

But it does work with my Old Logitech keyboard, one of those ones with the huge triangular wireless base. So that's a plus. Of course until jailbreak no mouse support or xbox360 controller support

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
torontoguy said:
If the camera kit is useless how do I upload files to the iPad.

The camera connection kit transfers photos from a digital camera to the photos app. What kind of files are you trying to transfer and to where?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
PDF documents and photos from a USB key.

Nothing crazy.

Well, saying it's useless when it doesn't do something it isn't supposed to do is a bit harsh. It's called a camera connection kit for a reason.

If you want to use it to transfer files to and from your device to the file system without restriction, you MUST jailbreak the iPad and then use an app such as iFile. Head over to our hacking section and read the stickies in there for more details. The only way to get unrestricted access to the file system is via jailbreaking.

iPad Hacking

you might like to look at this - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/6006-camera-connection-kit-jailbreak-cheap-video-storage.html and use the search to find other similar threads...

torontoguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I was a bit harsh. I was able to transfer the photos from my camera easily. So I'm happy about that.

Just want to maximize the use of the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts