What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best Finder app for amateur traveller

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some gadgets; Iphone 4s, Macbook pro and I bought a Ipad 3 last week :)

The two first have been with me on every travel out to big citys around Europe; Venice, Caput Mundi, Konstaninopel etc.

As an old and retired "teacher", this macbook is getting too heavy to carry around all the time I travel to /from the hotels (you know, I am required to, the insurance companies have decided).

Thus I am looking for something smaller, a computer of somekind where I can upload all my photos from every day. This means approx 5 GB pr day, on a typical 10 days stay away from home - lets say 50 GB of jpg files from my Canon 60 D.

Thus I bought this Ipad.

Q: which finder app should I choose?
To do the task of copying my photos from the camera via Ipad 3 and to a external 500 GB seagate portable HDD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting to say that I've moved this post over to the Help section of the forum, where I believe you'll get more assistance [than in the Hacking tweaks section where it was].

Good luck on your search ... and your travels. :)

Marilyn

OP
MorAase

MorAase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Qoute:
------
1. Uploading of large files such as photographs (over about 850 KB) from the iPad to an external HD were likely to run into the ftp error messages when using Goodreader. Smaller files uploaded without a problem.
--------

Hmm.

My photo files (JPG) are typically 5-8 MB.

I maybe need a wired connection,
-- sending 280 files of 8 MB each, might be to difficult a task for Cloud FTP ??

Example Venezia:

Each evening; 150 photos of 5 gb each to be downloaded from the Canon 60 and backup made to the Seagate. This MUST be done late in evening when I get back to the hotel. ( i am not interested in spending valuable time of my precious holiday in the mornings, when sights like Rialto market is waiting for me, and the Venetian sun is shining bright into my hotelroom.......)

Hmmm, perhapse I sshould stick to my macbook pro and a good old USB cable, as I always have done ....

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MorAase said:
Qoute:
------
1. Uploading of large files such as photographs (over about 850 KB) from the iPad to an external HD were likely to run into the ftp error messages when using Goodreader. Smaller files uploaded without a problem.
--------

Hmm.

My photo files (JPG) are typically 5-8 MB.

I maybe need a wired connection,
-- sending 280 files of 8 MB each, might be to difficult a task for Cloud FTP ??

Example Venezia:

Each evening; 150 photos of 5 gb each to be downloaded from the Canon 60 and backup made to the Seagate. This MUST be done late in evening when I get back to the hotel. ( i am not interested in spending valuable time of my precious holiday in the mornings, when sights like Rialto market is waiting for me, and the Venetian sun is shining bright into my hotelroom.......)

Hmmm, perhapse I sshould stick to my macbook pro and a good old USB cable, as I always have done ....

You might want to check the CloudFTP support as your camera would be a USB mass storage device and it may be possible to connect camera and HD directly (USB hub probably required and transfer just using the iPad as a web interface so that the images don't appear on the iPad directly (unless you want them to).

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts