What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Battery Life of iPad

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have a compaq/hp and it stated from day 1, 3+ hours of battery life, but that is with everything turned so far down you cant use it, so I am lucky to get an hour and its dead!

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:
I also have a compaq/hp and it stated from day 1, 3+ hours of battery life, but that is with everything turned so far down you cant use it, so I am lucky to get an hour and its dead!

So you feel my pain, huh? Part of me can't wait for it to kick the bucket.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Trea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am amazed by the battery life on mine. I was concerned when I bought it as a lot of devices tend to overstate their battery life but I get 12-14 hours under what I would consider heavy use. Lots of surfing, ebooks and streaming music. This is on a wifi ipad 1.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David79 said:

So you feel my pain, huh? Part of me can't wait for it to kick the bucket.

I know that feeling LOL It is 3 years old and honestly I cant see it lasting too much longer, it has got sooo slow and runs really hot lately.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katrina2475 said:
I havent checked eBay yet. This poor laptop is a cheapy Compaq that I paid $329 for. On a good day, I would get an hour out of the battery so I'm pretty much used to being tied to a power cord. It has been dropped I don't even know how many times. The faceplate on the cd drawer fell off, when you pick it up you hear parts rolling around in it. It's a mess. My next computer will be a desktop after I get my kids on one room and turn the small bedroom in to my office. It's a miracle every time it boots up. Lol

Then you should just upgrade already! Do some research around what current models cost, fix a budget and upgrade.

earthman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charge my iPad twice a week for 15 + hours of using time. It is very good company for my commuting.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Then you should just upgrade already! Do some research around what current models cost, fix a budget and upgrade.

It's in the works for this summer for sure. Sooner if it dies faster than that. We just bought a Tempurpedic mattress, a new shed, my iPad, new minivan and refaced our fireplace plus have birthdays coming up for 3 kids. We are trying to let the checking account breathe a little bit. LOL

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's been a couple of months, now, since becoming the owner of an IPad. Less than a month of having it, I visited the Apple store with it - because of battery issues that I was having with it. They swapped it out and, initially, the battery life did seem better. But, now, it seems that I am back to what my battery life was on the first unit that I had.

I have read about the time/usage that some owners are getting out of their IPads, before having to recharge, but that isn't the case with me. Though I do have a few games on my IPad, I am not a true gamer. Nor do I listen to music on my IPad, or in the habit of watching a lot of videos on it. In fact, the most that I do on it is surf the web, and read/compose email messages. I have to go through a charging cycle each night, in order to have confidence that I can make it, fully, through the next day.

Even with this being the case, let it not be construed that I am registering a complaint. Though I wish that I was getting the kind of battery power that many, here, are claiming, I am doing leagues better - with my IPad - than I have EVER done with either of the laptops we have owned. And that, to me, is a definite plus.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
I have been using mine to watch Plex while working non-stop for 12 hour days and I have about 49% every nite I leave.

OMG. 12hrs of surfing/emailing (with maybe just a couple of card games being played) will just about knock my IPad out of power, and leave me having to recharge.

miket5au

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my cheap android tablet (epad) I could see the battery meter going down - if it got three hours it was doing well!

The ipad 2 with wifi and 3g always on goes down to about 70-80% in an evening (4 hours) of usage. The epad never lasted an evening before having to be plugged back in.

The best thing is that the ipad retains its charge when it is not being used whilst the epad had to be turned off as it never went into a low power mode.

iKersh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad II 4 days ago, only had to charge it twice so far - I know this isn't a true measurement of battery life so the next time I charge it up from a completely drained state to the same I will post my results on this thread :)

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed mine from power around 8 am this morning. I have been tweeting and browsing with it since. Time now is 1232. Battery Life is still 90%. I will post an update later.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually only get down to 65% in one day if I'm running a couple apps, and been using it for almost 4hrs.
I get down in the 40%'s when I've been on for almost 8-10hrs (for a couple days) and running a ton of apps.
I love the battery life on this thing! It's simply amazing!

(Now, if only the could bring that much battery life to the iPod touch...)

OP
A

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad_Lover said:
(Now, if only the could bring that much battery life to the iPod touch...)

Yes. My iPod classic will not stay more than 6 hours when playing from the dock.

Most reactions

Latest posts