What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The App Store won't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was a really annoying experience.

First off, I used a website that makes shortcuts for apps. After using the shortcut for it, it then re-directs to the itunes store. I deleted it and tried again. And it still re-directs to the itunes store. I deleted it and used the original App Store. It too re-directs to the itunes store. I tried searching for apps, in my surprise, it showed apps. And then went back to the main page. It showed the app store.

Every time that happens. So I decided to restart my iPad. It worked, but after a few uses of it it won't open. I tried restarting my iPad again, it did not work. I closed it in multi-task, did not work. I tried even erasing all content and settings, picked my last back-up from iCloud, it is still the same.

Nothing worked at all to stop it. My sister had this problem before, but it worked by erasing all content and settings. But she tapped set as new iPad. I am afraid I don't want to lose all my data.

If anyone has an solution for this, please tell me. I am starting to think it is because of my desperate attempt to change the look of my icons.

Anyways any help is appreciated.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi HDC,

I don't have an answer for you, but there have been discussions elsewhere about App Store issues.

In one discussion this wording and a link have been given....

We have an existing thread which does have a couple of workarounds which have proved effective, so have a look here
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/111855-app-update-issue.html

It may be worth checking out the link.

Hopefully someone can help with your specific problem.

Richard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi HDC,

I don't have an answer for you, but there have been discussions elsewhere about App Store issues.

In one discussion this wording and a link have been given....

We have an existing thread which does have a couple of workarounds which have proved effective, so have a look here
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/111855-app-update-issue.html

It may be worth checking out the link.

Hopefully someone can help with your specific problem.

Richard

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thank you for sending me that link. I will try all of the steps to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts