What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is what I was saying about these little princess beauty pageants for little girls, I hate them, these kids are primped and have makeup and look totally unnatural. Botox is just going one step further like unnecessary plastic surgery.

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, Hayley and Amy, you have this shift. I've gotta go to work.

Will try to check in when I can.

Reaction score
This is what I was saying about these little princess beauty pageants for little girls, I hate them, these kids are primped and have makeup and look totally unnatural. Botox is just going one step further like unnecessary plastic surgery.

I've never liked it when parents live vicariously thru their kids.
The woman needs some serious counseling.
The kids subjected to the "torture" of the expectations usually never get over it
We all want our children to do better than we did but living your child hood over thru them is just wrong on so many levels.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay I need your help,
My fiancé and i don't get to spend much time together due to different working times but tonight we will both be here so I want to make it nice :)
He doesn't like watching movies and I haven't got the money to cook a nice meal... So any suggestions greatly appreciated x

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We often just chill out and talk! No iPads, iPhones, just talk. You could play games together, card games or anything like that. If you do get out the iPad there is who wants to be a millionaire or any game which could be played by two people or up against a computer. Talking is really under rated though.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy0x said:
Okay I need your help,
My fiancé and i don't get to spend much time together due to different working times but tonight we will both be here so I want to make it nice :)
He doesn't like watching movies and I haven't got the money to cook a nice meal... So any suggestions greatly appreciated x

I used to play darts with my ex......but eventually her head became too blunt.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
 typical you! You really miss her then? I used to play darts with hubby before we went out together and skittles, snooker, pool. Pub man! He was also twice the size he is now and I'm twice the size I was. How did that happen. Yeah, kids happened! Oh, and being on this blasted device and not getting any exercise!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
I've never liked it when parents live vicariously thru their kids.
The woman needs some serious counseling.
The kids subjected to the "torture" of the expectations usually never get over it
We all want our children to do better than we did but living your child hood over thru them is just wrong on so many levels.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

I see that Social Services in LA took the poor girl into care and her mum is pleading remorse for what she did. The story is a tragic reflection on how shallow some folk can be.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
 typical you! You really miss her then? I used to play darts with hubby before we went out together and skittles, snooker, pool. Pub man! He was also twice the size he is now and I'm twice the size I was. How did that happen. Yeah, kids happened! Oh, and being on this blasted device and not getting any exercise!

I just put the iPad on the treadmill bookholder when I'm walking on it and watch part of a movie or a TV episode.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good idea Bob! Need to find a treadmill now. The insurance check and cards arrived today. I have money but a large vet bill as well, lucky me!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trouble with Dialogue Box for messages

Does anyone else have trouble tying in the main message box in the iPad forum? I cannot get the box to readily accept text. I find the simplified messages with purple Borders far easier to get on with.:(

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Does anyone else have trouble tying in the main message box in the iPad forum? I cannot get the box to readily accept text. I find the simplified messages with purple Borders far easier to get on with.:(

I couldn't get into my message to change tying to typing. So had to resort to using the more basic page to write this. Aagh!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I much prefer the IPF app myself, much quicker, easier to work with and instant. But you'll find others will disagree with me. I have tried both and still find the app easier to use and message with.

Most reactions

Latest posts