What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Understood that the iPF App is still causing some folks problems...and they are still working on it.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww! Rich, you don't have to repeat yourself! We know it's not your fault! We love Ipf app so much, we just get annoyed with having to press - OK or REPORT button every 5 minutes!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww! Rich, you don't have to repeat yourself! We know it's not your fault! We love Ipf app so much, we just get annoyed with having to press - OK or REPORT button every 5 minutes! 

Thanks for that. It is frustrating though. As I understand it, it seems to boil down to folks using emoji and other unicode items in their posts (emoticons from outside the forum, etc.) that's throwing the iPF App into a tailspin. If you hit a page where some of that is in a post you get the Parse Error. That's why it happens sporadically.

We want the user experience to be as good and fun as possible so rather than blocking that content the owners are working hard with the developers of the iPF App to be able to deal with it properly. It's apparently not as easy as throwing the proverbial switch. But they're on it! :)

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
The parse error has reared its ugly head for me again! I am posting here through the Internet. The app won't let me open the Anything Goes thread but I can open other threads.

tom1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is totally off topic, just say so, but here's my question: I have a new iMac, but when I went to sync my iPad, it says everything on the iPad will be erased and replaced with whatever is in the iTunes library, which, of course,mid nothing because it's a brand new computer with nothing on it. I have a lot of apps on the iPad that I can't afford to lose. Any solution to this? I thought the iPad would "copy" to iTunes, but apparently that's not right. And the Apple help pages are not helpful.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sigh! I'm missing all of you guys! I'm having huge issues with this blinking iPad. I've lost count how many times I've restored it. No ideas why. I'm now trying to type on my iPhone 4 using the website. I'm not a happy bunny. Where are all of you? Lonely here. Damn app!

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh! I'm missing all of you guys! I'm having huge issues with this blinking iPad. I've lost count how many times I've restored it. No ideas why. I'm now trying to type on my iPhone 4 using the website. I'm not a happy bunny. Where are all of you? Lonely here. Damn app!

I'm here now. Sorry you're having problems.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww I'm sorry your iPad is cauing you a lot of problems since getting iOS 5 :(

So, how did it go?
Good! It was a 4 hour dinner date so that alone must be a good sign, haha. We talked the whole time. And as he walked me to my car he "warned me" that he'd be gone every weekend, all weekend until the week after Thanksgiving. (He goes up north to hunt, it's a midwestern thing I don't get!) So obviously he envisions a future. We'll see! Thanks for asking. :thumbs:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is totally off topic, just say so, but here's my question: I have a new iMac, but when I went to sync my iPad, it says everything on the iPad will be erased and replaced with whatever is in the iTunes library, which, of course,mid nothing because it's a brand new computer with nothing on it. I have a lot of apps on the iPad that I can't afford to lose. Any solution to this? I thought the iPad would "copy" to iTunes, but apparently that's not right. And the Apple help pages are not helpful.

Hi Tom. This is the "Anything Goes" thread, so nothing's really off-topic here. :) My first question would be have you already synced your iPad with another computer? If so, follow these directions.

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

If not, when you connect your iPad for the first time and iTunes opens, click on your iPad in the left-hand column. Then click on "File" in the top toolbar > "Transfer Purchases from [name of your iPad]". Then go ahead and let it backup and sync.

Either way, as long as you're associating your iMac with the same iTunes account as your iPad you don't have to worry about losing any apps. Once you've purchased an app you can download it again for free any time. More here:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Hope that helps and enjoy your new iMac...couldn't live with mine! (Or my iPad!) :)

We also have a sister forum, AppleForums.net, that might be of interest:

Apple Forum - Mac Forum

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww I'm sorry your iPad is causing you a lot of problems since getting iOS 5 :(
Thanks Lyndsey. My new mantra is DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!! That includes iTunes!
Good! It was a 4 hour dinner date so that alone must be a good sign, haha. We talked the whole time. And as he walked me to my car he "warned me" that he'd be gone every weekend, all weekend until the week after Thanksgiving. (He goes up north to hunt, it's a midwestern thing I don't get!) So obviously he envisions a future. We'll see! Thanks for asking. :thumbs:
Aww! That is so sweet, it takes me back to my dating days. Still with my hubby, 21 years later... Still in love.

I was watching the celebration of Steve Jobs and the love that shines out is awesome. I especially enjoyed one of my favourite bands, Coldplay, sing for them and Steve. Very funny how SJ thought their song Yellow was s**t! Ha ha

Most reactions