1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Thanks, and another question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Ed62, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Ed62

Ed62 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thanks very much for the help with my previous questions. Now I have another one. :)

I just ordered a refurbished iPad. Is there anything I can do to be ready for it when it gets here? Maybe download something? I really don't have an idea if I can do anything yet, but I was hoping maybe I could download a few apps, or in any other way to be ready for it. If so, would I need to pick a place to download them to, or is it an automated process?
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    If you have never had an Apple mobile "iDevice", I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

[​IMG]

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.
  3. Ed62

Ed62 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Cool! Thank you. Yes, this is my first i(anything).
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    You can also go to Apple's site and download iTunes. Use it to go to the App store and browse what apps are available.

I don't recommend buying any until you have your iPad, and you are better off downloading them directly to the iPad when you do. But you can browse the store and start researching the apps you are going to want.

You are going to need iTunes eventually anyway.