What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You, Steve: Graffiti Art Tribute to Steve Jobs Spotted on Streets of LA

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture159.JPG

Since the devastatingly sad news of Steve Jobs’ death last week, Apple fans have been paying their respects to the man, many of them in very unique ways. Case in point is this amazing piece of graffiti art spotted by TUAW’s Mike Scramm as he walked home through the streets of Hollywood on Friday night. Apparently the art was not tagged, and just appeared suddenly on a wall covered with the usual posters for bands and so on. As Scramm says though, in a way, that’s what makes the art and its message so much more poignant – it just very simply puts into words a sentiment and feeling that many people are thinking and sharing at the moment. Scramm says that the picture was approximately eight feet tall, and was “pretty awesome to see,†with “excellent detail and stark spray.†Let’s hope that it stays up there a long time, and I’m sure that many more such artistic tributes will follow too, around the country and around the world.

Source: Spotted in Los Angeles: Thank you, Steve | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great story Maura. Pity they didn't take it straight on. I would have taken a copy for sure.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Great story Maura. Pity they didn't take it straight on. I would have taken a copy for sure.
I know! Maybe someone else knows where it is and will take a better picture.

Trumpet444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A very nice sentiment. But unless it was approved by the building's owner or the tagger owns the building himself, its stupid and illegal

Most reactions

Latest posts