1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Texting to addresses like 347639?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by tap50, Feb 5, 2011.

1. tap50

tap50 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You know how you see those ads like "Text HELLO to 347639"? How would you send a text like that on the iPad? I've tried TextNow and TextFree, but they won't text to a number like that. They will only text to a 10 digit phone number or email addresses.

Thanks

Todd
  2. tap50

tap50 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone?
  3. JohnRM

JohnRM iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was looking for the same thing myself, I'll have to keep a watch on this thread.
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    I suspect that the lack of response is because no one knows the answer to this question. It's an interesting problem, so I'll be interested too if anyone can solve it.

Tim
    Scotland
  5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    Has anyone tried this with Google Voice?

Personally, even if I had Google Voice I'd find it a hard sell to get me to test it. I don't know of any of these services that I'd feel safe to try. Last time I got suckered into an SMS service it took me a month to figure out how to get rid of it, and about $50 to my phone bill.

Of course, that's because I don't have an SMS allowance in my plan. Should have read the contract closer.

Actually, it only took me a couple hours to research and figure it out, I just didn't move it to my urgent to-do list until the first bill showed up.