What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texting from IPad2 Wifi

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Google Voice app probably works the best if you've set it up with your phone, so that way your contacts have your GV number.

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Line 2 texting and calls thru 3G and VoIP work great for me. I have Google voice, but don't use it. It just won't set up for me and keeps disconnecting. Never had a problem with Line 2. Had Line 2 about 7 months now. Can send pictures, etc. No problems here.:)

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree that FACE TIME works great too for those that have Macs, iPhone 4 or iPad 2.

Swecodelico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I got from GV:

Google Voice is not available in your country.
Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.

I couldn't find Line 2 in my country, so the same as Harters.

Reaction score
This is what I got from GV:

Google Voice is not available in your country.
Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.

I couldn't find Line 2 in my country, so the same as Harters.

How about TextNow or Text Free?

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Sbh87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called textie. It's universal and you use an email address to log in and thats who receivers see who its from. I have it on the iPad and iPhone. I use this to text btw me and my girlfriends phone and it works great she gets my texts almost instantly and I receive texts coming from her in a timely manner. I believe there is also a textie app that includes calls for about 99 cents but I'm not 100% sure about that so if anyone can verify please do. Also the textie app that just does text is free.

Most reactions