What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks still trying to get it to work.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks still trying to get it to work.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

You might want to better explain 'sending text' to us? Are you writing a message in a specific app, such as Notes, Pages, or other? If so which one - many have email options if that will work for you? How are you trying at the moment to send text? Answers to these questions might be helpful to others in responding - good luck!

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
giradman said:

You might want to better explain 'sending text' to us? Are you writing a message in a specific app, such as Notes, Pages, or other? If so which one - many have email options if that will work for you? How are you trying at the moment to send text? Answers to these questions might be helpful to others in responding - good luck!

I can send a text via contacts to any smart phone but not to another iPad. Using Textfree, I can also text to an iPad.

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
giradman said:

Sorry: I ,need to learn the lingo. My son has an iPad and he like me can only text to other cell phones and to other iPads. I downloaded Textfree and now I can text to iPads.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
420benz said:
Sorry: I ,need to learn the lingo. My son has an iPad and he like me can only text to other cell phones and to other iPads. I downloaded Textfree and now I can text to iPads.

OH, not to worry - now that I see the flow of posts, the problem was more my misunderstanding of the 'text' reference - I don't 'text' for whatever reason but now I see your need - good luck! :)

pauljsgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
420benz said:
Thanks Guys

Hi, has textfree been withdrawn? I can find links on the web but they don't open the app for download in iTunes "your request could not be completed".

Thanks
Paul

Most reactions

Latest posts