What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

text to speech app?

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a text to speech app for my retina? I would like it to read documents too me. I have quick office already. I use Natural reader on my pc and it intigrates or reads what ever you block. I'd like to find something comparable.

Thanks in advance.
John

russ331

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's already supplied...

Settings > General > Accessibility > Speak Selection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
OP
bestpi

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. but so far I am unable to make it work. I can select, given the choice of copy or speak, I hit speak and it does nothing. Is this a Siri dependent function?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just tried it as above, works perfectly. Make sure you have your sound turned up and not muted. I'm on iPad 2 - no Siri.

OP
bestpi

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it as above, works perfectly. Make sure you have your sound turned up and not muted. I'm on iPad 2 - no Siri.

Adjusted speech speed and it speaks. But it still does not play the selected speech in the app. It gives you the option to copy or speak but does not play it when selected have checked soud, plays music AND speaks in utility where you adjust speed. The app is déjà office.

OP
bestpi

bestpi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adjusted speech speed and it speaks. But it still does not play the selected speech in the app. It gives you the option to copy or speak but does not play it when selected have checked soud, plays music AND speaks in utility where you adjust speed. The app is déjà office.

Also speaks auto text. Baffled.

Most reactions

Latest posts