What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text size in forums

Wayne E Peters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, is there any way to change the text size in the forums. I know that I can zoom but then I have to manipulate the pages back and forth and the keyboard zooms as well, rendering the keyboard totally useless.

Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to assume you are browsing the forums on Safari? Cause if you are using the forum app - the text can only be sized up to big (and that's it).

However, if you are using Safari to browse the forum, have a look at this tutorial about bookmarklets: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html

In the first post is code to create a bookmark so that you can increase or decrease the font in your web view. Doing this will make the text increase in size while still staying within the window (the text will wrap at it gets larger). You'll have to increase the size every time you go to a new page, but I should think it would beat having an extra large keyboard...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
W

Wayne E Peters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn.

I was hoping that the text size could be changed in the forum app. I had already adopted the font+/font- bookmarks for Safari, thank goodness for that work around. I am using the app right now, but I can only stare at the tiny text for about 15 mins before I have a headache. Too bad that Apple is stubbornly sticking to their refusal to deal with the prob, the text size in the apps on my Android tablet can be adjusted in most of the apps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may be so bold - may i suggest you try out the Tapatalk app (the one for iPhone, not the HD one for h]the iPad). I, too, had troubles with the IPF app's font being too small. The Tapatalk app makes larger fonts.

I have pretty weak eyes. The font gets bigger in Tapatalk. So, maybe try it?

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts