What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text messages

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Previous to IOS 7, when I sent a text message, it would show me that it was delivered. Now it does not show that. Am I missing something?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Previous to IOS 7, when I sent a text message, it would show me that it was delivered. Now it does not show that. Am I missing something?

I can't duplicate that issue (all my blue iMessage bubbles have "delivered" or "read" underneath them). I do see that only the last message shows that notification, the others in the conversation don't.

If you are sure the message has actually been delivered, maybe try a restart or reset of the iPad. To do (apologies if you know):

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears. Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

If that doesn't help, you may be caught up in the glitch in iMessage that Apple has (1) acknowledged and (2) promised to fix in an update. The main attempt to fix this is to:

1. Turn off iMessage in Settings > Messages
2. Reset networking settings in Settings > General > Reset
3. Re-enable iMessage in Settings > Messages

Note that this will wipe out all your saved WiFi access points and their passwords.

If none of the above helps or works for you, all you can do is wait for Apple's update. Sorry.

Marilyn

navneetsinha999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SMS is the general name for the technology which enables people to send and receive text messages via cellphones. We send a information transfer in text form to another or every people.

Most reactions

Latest posts