What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text jumbled

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Every day some of the emails arrive completed jumbled. Looks like the message has been pushe together. Can't read it at all, tried making it bigger, still cannot read it. Has been doing this for a year!

D

Deleted member 247820

Have you tied opening the emails on a PC or a Mac?
Just to prove that the emails are jumbled by your ipad or not.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Doris - first, have you 'Force Closed' the Mail App or did a 'Restart' or a 'Reset' of your iPad? If not, give those maneuvers a try (directions quoted below). Second, what text size is set on your device (see image below) - reducing the size might help? Finally, the font format or messages using HTML might be a possible issue - if you can open these messages normally on your computer, then try to look at the font format to see if this problem relates to a specific one?

Also, provide us w/ your iPad Mini model, iOS installed, and ISP being used - might help w/ further suggestions. Good luck - Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 8.x/9.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (this may take longer); release the buttons and the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.
IMG_5883.PNG

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris - first, have you 'Force Closed' the Mail App or did a 'Restart' or a 'Reset' of your iPad? If not, give those maneuvers a try (directions quoted below). Second, what text size is set on your device (see image below) - reducing the size might help? Finally, the font format or messages using HTML might be a possible issue - if you can open these messages normally on your computer, then try to look at the font format to see if this problem relates to a specific one?

Also, provide us w/ your iPad Mini model, iOS installed, and ISP being used - might help w/ further suggestions. Good luck - Dave :)

View attachment 71285

Thanx Dave
I am using mini, modelME276LL/A, version 9.3,1 (13E238) ISP is with Rogers,but down south all winter it is a different ISP and the same thing
Is occurring .
I did the three things you suggested but the App (mail) won't go away when I drag it to top. Did the rest too, it did not change the jumbledmessage
already on here.maybe I need to wait for another jumbled one to arrive?
Really do appreciate your help Dave.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanx Dave
I am using mini, modelME276LL/A, version 9.3,1 (13E238) ISP is with Rogers,but down south all winter it is a different ISP and the same thing is occurring .
I did the three things you suggested but the App (mail) won't go away when I drag it to top. Did the rest too, it did not change the jumbled message already on here.maybe I need to wait for another jumbled one to arrive?

Hi again Doris - make sure that the 'Reset' was done correctly, i.e. need to hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 or so seconds), release and let you Mini reboot. Also, see my previous image - did you check your 'text size' setting? Also, let us know if this problem started w/ your iOS upgrade to 9.x? Dave :)

BTW - you have the Mini shown below (Source) from 2013, so should work fine w/ iOS 9.x.
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 5.01.15 PM.png

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Doris.
If none of the above work for you, then you may have to try a different mail client.
As far as I know they are available via the "apps" store.
Someone else may give you a lead to a good version.
Just looked up one called myMail.
It got a lot of good responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris.
If none of the above work for you, then you may have to try a different mail client.
As far as I know they are available via the "apps" store.
Someone else may give you a lead to a good version.
Just looked up one called myMail.
It got a lot of good responses.

Hello agn!
Just got an email , jumbled same as before Idid all the suggestions.i don't know how to forward it to here, do you have n Email addy I can forward it to so you can actually see what it looks Like?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello agn!
Just got an email , jumbled same as before Idid all the suggestions.i don't know how to forward it to here, do you have n Email addy I can forward it to so you can actually see what it looks Like?

Hi Doris - would be great to see what you are talking about - the easiest way is to simply bring up an email in question, then do a 'screen capture', i.e. hold down the ON-OFF button and press HOME - you should hear a 'click' like a camera and the image should be saved to your 'Camera Roll' - then when you respond w/ a post, pick 'Upload a File' and select that image - when uploaded, hit 'Full Image' and post - see if that works for you. Dave :)

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris - would be great to see what you are talking about - the easiest way is to simply bring up an email in question, then do a 'screen capture', i.e. hold down the ON-OFF button and press HOME - you should hear a 'click' like a camera and the image should be saved to your 'Camera Roll' - then when you respond w/ a post, pick 'Upload a File' and select that image - when uploaded, hit 'Full Image' and post - see if that works for you. Dave :)

In transferring that email to photos, I must have touched something because the
Whole thing vanished, can't find it anywhere. Will wait for next jumbled message, shouldn't be long, I get so many. But only on ymail, not on my gmail a/c.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.png

Ok Dave, here goes . Will try to send this latest email
image.png
jumble .........

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.png
Whole thing vanished, can't find it anywhere. Will wait for next jumbled message, shouldn't be long, I get so many. But only on ymail, not on my gmail a/c.

Second try Dave.......

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.png

3rd try Dave......

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hi Dave. Sent the file to here as you suggested. Tried 3 times, looked fine but never appeared here.

Most reactions

Latest posts