What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering

cazzabee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im on O2 and tether my ipad 3 to my iphone 4. I did have to change my contract to a new type in order to get the hotspot feature. Still costs me the same amount per month though and thats with 1GB of data

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cazzabee said:
Im on O2 and tether my ipad 3 to my iphone 4. I did have to change my contract to a new type in order to get the hotspot feature. Still costs me the same amount per month though and thats with 1GB of data

Wow...1GB???? How sad. Can't even stream a single movie under that horrible plan.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf

smithey1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NoNoBadDog said:
Wow...1GB???? How sad. Can't even stream a single movie under that horrible plan.

I actually lol at that. But very true 1gb is bad

cazzabee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sad at all since I don't stream movies and have no interest in doing it over data so no need to be insulting.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please be respectful guys. We take that very seriously here, as is laid our in our rules. You are all welcome to express your opinions, but please be respectful to one another....

cazzabee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y...i was just trying to be helpful to the original poster as I have the exact set up they were asking about. I didn't really need to feel I was being laughed at when people don't know me and what my usage of my ipad is.

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Please be respectful guys. We take that very seriously here, as is laid our in our rules. You are all welcome to express your opinions, but please be respectful to one another....

My sincere apologies. I was making fun of the plan, not the poster. I think it pathetic that any major carrier would have such pathetically anemic data plans...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's what I have too, and it works for me. I don't think I've ever run over my limit. Right now I'm on 3G even though a call to the front desk of the hotel would get me onto their wifi.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 100MB on my iPhone, and seldom use it all, perfectly adequate for browsing and email when roaming.

G

Grytpype

Agreed - 1GB is plenty. Only kiddies playing online games or streaming (probably pirated) content would need more than that.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And again, for the last time before action is taken, let's be nice people!

Don't go casting aspersions about other folks and the services they need or use. We are all different and we are a worldwide forum here. There is no right or wrong answer. Don't go labelling folks as pirates because they stream video or have a high bandwidth requirement.

3G packages vary wildly from country to country. Not everyone has access to gigibytes of allowance per month. Equally, not everyone has a need for any more than a few megabytes per month.

All our new members would do well to read the rules of the forum which are linked in my signature and throughout the website! :D

cailean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also on O2 with only a measley 500Mb/month. But since I only use ~300MB/month there is no point in paying for more.

Especially as most of the time there is wifi I can connect to.

In reference to the origional post, O2 allow data tethering from your phone only if you are on a tiered data package (100Mb for £3 / 500Mb for £6 / 1GB for £10) but not if you are still on one of the origional O2's iphone unlimited data packages.

Most reactions