What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly, no I haven't done a search, as I never have luck with that, and prefer an answer to my post.

I would like to know how to tether my ipad wifi only to my iphone 3g. I am with telstra with the phone and have heard about this tethering but that is the extent of my knowledge.

I look forward to any responses...that answer my query WITHOUT sarcasm LOL.

Gav

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly, no I haven't done a search, as I never have luck with that, and prefer an answer to my post.

I would like to know how to tether my ipad wifi only to my iphone 3g. I am with telstra with the phone and have heard about this tethering but that is the extent of my knowledge.

I look forward to any responses...that answer my query WITHOUT sarcasm LOL.

Gav

That is new to me.
I thought tethering is when you have one device that has no access to internet, and you are using another device (mobile phone) that does have access, to act as a gateway for the lesser device.

Now you do have 3G , so why the need of the tethering.
Yes probably there is some one time service charges, for connecting the iPAD to Internet under the same account as the phone, but I think it is worth it.

In my Country I have a 10Giga internet access on my Nokia E71 with our local provider. As I got my 3G iPad they open my iPAD to use the same account. I can be at the same time on my E71 and on my iPAD surfing the internet.
In my case there was Zero additional fee, since it is a company account. If it was a private account, it could be a one time fee of about $30.

But you know every country every provider is a different story.
Just wanted to share some international info here.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah there are multiple programs out there for it. I only suggest PDANET because it's what I used when I had my iPhone.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried wireless tether and barnacle on my jb'd DroidX but I still can't get wifi service on my iPad. Does anyone know why?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should work, must be a simple setting somewhere. Can't help you specifically though, because I just do wired tethering to my laptop from my Galaxy S using the EasyTether app.

snowatom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gav

This is where Apple really need to shape up. I have a Nokia X6 and use JoikuSpot to tether my iPad. I do have an iPad Wifi+3G 64gb version, but i have free internet on my Mobile, and almost never use my iPad without wifi, so why should I pay for free internet on that also?

Oh, and by the way, android phones 2.2, now have this as an embedded function.

Snowatom

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the function is embedded, however if you use it, they will know and charge you an extra fee. If you use another app for it, then they won't know and won't charge you.

Most reactions

Latest posts