Tethering help

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by ALcH3Mi5T, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ALcH3Mi5T

ALcH3Mi5T iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have tetherme installed on my iPhone. I have itether installed on the iPad. I have been using this setup for at least a month and it worked flawlessly until today. Suddenly it won't connect, and gives an error stating "Daemon disconnected. The blue-pan daemon exited."
    The only thing I have modified since the time it last worked, was an install of lockdown pro. I have since disabled it. I was using activator to point to the tethering toggle so that I could turn off the connection via my home button. Also interesting that although I re installed everything including the toggle... The toggle doesn't even show in sbsettings.
  2. ALcH3Mi5T

ALcH3Mi5T iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update. After restoring my iPad, it still wouldn't connect which narrowed it down to the phone. What finally fixed it (although I had switched the Bluetooth on and off several times already) was: turned off Bluetooth, completed a respring, and then turned Bluetooth back on. It immediately paired and connected. An upside to this ordeal is that the speeds are faster too. Before, I was not even getting half the speed as if I were using tetherme as wifi. Most the time I would top out at well below 200k. Now my speeds are averaging anywhere between 800k- 1.2mb.
  3. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Glad you got it fixed. Amazing what on / off / respring / reboot can solve :D
  4. ALcH3Mi5T

ALcH3Mi5T iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lol I tried those throughout the process, I guess just not the right combination! I'm usually pretty good with troubleshooting but I sure was getting annoyed :/