What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tether new wifi iPad to android phone?

Threecatranch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will this work? I have a connector thing that is designed to take photos from a thumb drive into my iPad. I could put my micro-to-USB cable into that thing & try it or will I fry something?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Threecatranch said:
Will this work? I have a connector thing that is designed to take photos from a thumb drive into my iPad. I could put my micro-to-USB cable into that thing & try it or will I fry something?

If your Android phone can produce a WiFi hotspot, you can tether to it without cables.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly but according to your title it is very simple. Any phone that is setup with your carrier to allow tethering will put out a wifi hot spot that your ipad will connect to. You will more than likely have to enter a passcode that your phone will prompt you to enter. Once you enter the code you should never have to enter it again. It works the same as if you have your home router secured.

I do this all the time will my Samsung Galaxy 3 and my iPad 4.

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
I do this all the time will my Samsung Galaxy 3 and my iPad 4.
Yeah it worked well on my Galaxy S2 and works just as good on my Note 2.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm still using my iPad 1 that only has 3G. I set up my new Galaxy Note II as a WiFi hotspot and now I can enjoy LTE speeds on the old iPad 1 :)

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Note 2... I'm jealous but I can't upgrade till October! :(

It's a great device but as said above, there will be new devices out by then. My contract is up in July and maybe the S4 will be around but it will have to be something special to make me part with the Note 2 :)

Most reactions

Latest posts