What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Testing GPS ?

Mellpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the best free app to see if gps is working. I loaded Navfree but can't get it to work so don't know if it's the app or chip. So I would like to do a little test with an app that will show gps coordinates.

Anyone else had trouble with gps. this is the first time I've decided to use it after 4 months of ownership.

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the Maps app should show where you are, (not coordinates, though) very closely (within maybe 10-20 meters), assuming you have a 3G model and good satellite strength. If it isn't all of the above, you'll get the big blue circle showing roughly were you are.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you use the map app and walk around outside there you go.. At work I'll use maps and it follows me as I walk or drive.. No other way to test if it works than that

Most reactions

Latest posts