What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ten Devices Set to rival the iPad 2

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
From the marketing of the first ipods by making them personal, Apple has a niche in the market no one will ever dominate. The siloughette of the impersonal person dancing with their iPod resonated with the average consumer in a way not seen before, except in KFC ads promising mom a Sunday off from cooking for the family, or since

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

That's bang on the nail, 'Hoover' is commonly linked to describe any make of vacuum cleaner - even dyson lol!

Really clever Apple with iPod, was to emphasise on the headphone lead seemingly to dance with the manikin..

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Touchpad did incredibly well...

I think apple has this tablet Market dominated and will continue to for the foreseeable future.

20million shipments expected for Q3... Tablet life can't get much better for apple!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iv had an android tablet and i now have ipad2,give me the reliability and ease of use of my iPad any day,not to mention its sexy looks,i was a person who never saw myself with an apple product too.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
iv had an android tablet and i now have ipad2,give me the reliability and ease of use of my iPad any day,not to mention its sexy looks,i was a person who never saw myself with an apple product too.

They say an apple never falls gar from the tree :)

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gunny008 said:
Touchpad did incredibly well...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I think that was simply a function of the price drop sell off. You can't really say it was competition for the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mimshacktee said:
I think that was simply a function of the price drop sell off. You can't really say it was competition for the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yeah I said the touchpad did well sarcastically! Shame though, webos is a decent os.

Apple won't have any decent rivals for a long time yet!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cord said:
I would like to see Amazon's offering as they are projecting shipments of 5 million in the 4th quarter......

Do you know how many Kindles they sold last year? 8m.

They project 17m Kindles this year, in part because they plan to drop the price to $99 for Christmas sales for the entry level model.

I would think that any Amazon tablet would steal market share from high end Kindle sales in the quarter, rather than open up new markets to them.

The top priced Kindle sells for $379 today...

-t

jastinedrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the ipad's edge will be the appstore. I mean it has the largest and most reliable source of applications. Unless other tablets has a wide range of appstore, they can rival the ipad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cord said:
I would think that any Amazon tablet would steal market share from high end Kindle sales in the quarter, rather than open up new markets to them.

The top priced Kindle sells for $379 today...

-t

I doubt that the bulk of Amazon tablet sales would come from people who otherwise buy a Kindle, even a high-end one. There are plenty of people who want tablets, especially cheaper ones than iPads, who have zero interest in a Kindle or any e-reader. Most people who'd buy an Amazon tablet would buy them for other content -- apps, Web surfing, games, videos and music, not books. Most people don't read books, but they consume lots of other content. Those would be an Amazon target market, and that would certainly be a new hardware market for Amazon.

I liked my Kindle plenty, but it's basically good for only books (and even then mostly fiction, because the image display is limited). And the Web surfing ability of a Kindle is stunted, good only in a pinch and then only because it's free.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ultimately we will see what the sales numbers show, but I'm betting that these sales cannibalize Kindle sales first and foremost. Amazon is still seen as a book seller by a huge segment of the market, and not a computing hardware supplier.

-t

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ultimately we will see what the sales numbers show, but I'm betting that these sales cannibalize Kindle sales first and foremost. Amazon is still seen as a book seller by a huge segment of the market, and not a computing hardware supplier.

-t

Amazon is one of the top e-commerce sites in the world because it sells everything under the sun. The impression you describe is an outdated one, and I doubt that anyone who's an Amazon customer clings to that.

Most reactions