What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me why

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Products such as the iPad are not already jail broken, with it being legal?

Why does apple have to make it difficult

btw I cant wait for this untethered jb. :D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple mobile devices are made primarily for "average" consumers with limited computer skills. I just saw a report today that said that since the introduction of the iPhone, Apple has sold over 160 million iOS devices... and nearly 10% of that figure is just iPads!

Apple seems to know what they are doing!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do think jailbreaking is a good thing overall, but you can hardly blame Apple for making untethered jailbreaks difficult. After all, each successful untethered jailbreak is a proven security hole.

Better would be a approved method of opening the device for the user who is willing to accept a more limited warrantee and support terms. Both sides would get something and lose something.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do think jailbreaking is a good thing overall, but you can hardly blame Apple for making untethered jailbreaks difficult. After all, each successful untethered jailbreak is a proven security hole.

Better would be a approved method of opening the device for the user who is willing to accept a more limited warrantee and support terms. Both sides would get something and lose something.

I like that! Apple has an option for you to choose a different firmware so only people who want it get to unlock the full potential of iOS. But jailbreaking works for now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not that I think it's going to happen.

The demand for open devices has always been a small market and I don't see Apple directly supporting it. At most, they will look the other way as long as it does not damage their reputation or profits.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has a very good reason for not endorsing unlocking or jail breaking of their devices and it does come down to money. An unlocked device can install unsigned applications which unfortunately opens the door to app piracy. I think most of us here like to jail break our devices for reasons quite different than that, but the fact remains that it is still there.

I do believe Apple pays attention to what the jail break community is working on however. It is hard to argue that some of the better updates to iOS were first realized by coders in the jailbreak community.

Most reactions

Latest posts