What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technical issues

JB0863

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Guy's

I am thinking of buying an iPad or iPad mini. Can you tell me of any technical issues I need to be aware of?

I've never owned one before so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

JB0863

chuck_y

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really the one to be talking about this subject but I will suggest this; get lots of memory! 64 minimum. Maybe it's just me and have to use every free app but I'm glad I got smart on my iPhone (64) so on my iPad I got 128.
I love my new iPad. Good luck.
Charlie

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the first decisions you'll have to make is do you need a cellular data connection. iPads come in two versions, WiFi only and WiFi plus cellular. WiFi plus cellular iPads also have built in GPS capability which means they can use navigation apps even when offline. The newest iPad Air 2 offers the fastest processor currently offered in any iOS device and comes with 2GB of RAM. Both the iPad Air 2 and the iPad Mini 3 offer Touch ID.

The iPad Air 2 and the iPad Mini 3 offer storage options of 16, 64, and 128GB. The iPad Mini, being smaller, is more portable but doesn't have the faster A8X chip found in the iPad Air 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts