What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TechCrunch Says iPad Browsing is "Surging"

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Back in April, when the iPad had only been out for approximately one month, Tech Crunch reported that the iPad had already overtaken Android in terms of users visiting the site. Now TechCrunch has published an update to those figures, based on their current browsing stats, revealing that iPad browsing traffic is “surgingâ€, and that in the past 30 days alone it has risen four-fold. In fact, TechCrunch says that the iPad is now the fourth most popular OS whose users visit the site, behind the iPhone, Mac machines, and Windows machines, having zipped past Linux machines last month. According to TechCrunch, iOS devices combined now make up more than 10 percent of browsing share.

TechCrunch concludes that, based on these figures, the iPad’s early browsing surge was far from a fluke caused by early-adopters, and it continues to grow in popularity, particularly as a web browser.

Source: TechCrunch

MattChance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
SwagBucks.com
Atomic Web Browser is really good, even the free version. It crashes sometimes, but I've found that the same scenarios, or sites will crash Safari.

But really, you can never compare Safari in any way to Atomic Web Browser. It's like comparing Internet fricking Explorer to Firefox. One is still in the middle ages, while the other actually lets you have fun browsing the internet.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not surprised. I much prefer surfing on my iPad as I'm not forced to sit up at my desk.
Web browsing has now become much more comfortable.

Given up on atomic and using iCab now but like the minimalist approach of safari. Also use BrowserHD as it's the only one that removes the browsing bar with full screen video

Most reactions

Latest posts