What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teather iPad to iPhone

deeplake21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app to allow my wifi-only ipad to tether to an iphone for internet connectivity via iPhone cellular 4G?

OP
D

deeplake21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is their a way to enable the function without jailbreaking the iPhone, and without carrier fees?

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe both Verizon and at&t's new share plans include tethering. Not sure how u go about using it on an iPhone though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on the country and ISP provider. NO need to jail break anything. I live in UK and have O2 contract. Tethering is a function of my IPhone and IOS (Iphone 3GS) . Most of the time I use WIFI, and if there is no WIFI I use 3G or 4G and tether my Ipad mini to my phone (set-up a Bluetooth connection between Ipad and Phone, then set-up hotspot and enable tethering on the phone, et voila) and in this case it will eat data from my contract.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If its available to you, you'll find it in Settings/Personal Hotspot. Turn it on, then select the name of your iPhone in Settings/Wifi on the iPad.

Just be careful though. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you won't get charged for using it. Check with your carrier first.

Most reactions