What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teamviewer

chrismcgill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I log into my iMac or PC from my ipad with teamviewer it distorts the screen and makes remote access impossible. When I log out the display stays distorted.

I have contacted teamviewer and they say they have not come across it before and couldn't help me.

I also contacted Compub who couldn't help either

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've not having any problems on my two iPad when I do it...and I do it nearly everyday.

Are you saying it is the iPad screen that distorts or the iMac or PC's screen?

OP
C

chrismcgill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The computer I am logging into distorts. It is just on two (my iMac and my pc) and only stated happening recently. It worked fine before and still works fine on other computers that I log into

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a hard one....it likely has something to do with those two computers and not your iPad, though. Did you update Teamviewer on them? I think there has been an update on the PC side recently.

OP
C

chrismcgill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked to see the versions and all devices are on teamviewer 8

It's strange alright but I can't understand why no one else has complained of this problem

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It might be unique to your systems, though I haven't a clue as to how that can be since one is an iMac and the other a PC. Frustration!

OP
C

chrismcgill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When logging into the PC I got this message

Optimal resolution notification

This is not the optimal screen resolution for the primary display device

The optimal resolution is 1280 x 1024

What can this mean..?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That means you don't have the optimal resolution set on your PC. LCD monitors have a preferred resolution.

OP
C

chrismcgill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how come my iMac distorts also and what can I do to rectify

Most reactions

Latest posts