What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teacher looking for ways to use his iPad 1

Cbusteach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a Mac addict that's always looking for ways for macs to make my life easier/more fun in my urban HS physics class. So far I haven't been too successful but know that THE app will come. Looking forward to learning & sharing with you all!

ThreeWulfMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope you find your iPad as useful as I do mine. For basic productivity tasks, check out Documents to Go to allow you to work with Office files. Also check out Goodreader, which opens pretty much any document format you can throw at it and has a file manager built in. If you've not tried it, give Dropbox a try. It gives you a 2GB cloud storage space that you can sync among your various computers. It integrates well with the iPad.

As far as use in the classroom, I use Keynote for giving presentations during trainings. I assume that you have picked up--or plan to pick up--the VGA adapter if you plan to use your iPad with a projector. I like it, but it only works with certain apps that support video out. I use an app called Notetaker HD that allows you to use your iPad and projector like a virtual whiteboard. You can save what you have drawn and you can import and mark up PDFs and pictures. The "inking" while using VGA out has a very slight lag, but it still works well. I use it all the time when I have meetings or conduct trainings.

Hope this helps. If you try out any of my suggestions, let me know what you think.

Most reactions

Latest posts