What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teacher looking for recording app

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I teach history in both college and in the public school setting and I'm looking for an app that will record my lectures as I give the first one of the day then allow me to play them back to other classes as needed. I probably need at least 1hour of playback, maybe more. I need something with decent audio recording and a loud playback feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead,

Nathan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you simply wanting to record the audio - or video as well? What about synchronisation with presentations? Notes Plus has a great audio recording capability but it doesn't do presentations at the same time.

Tim

OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are you simply wanting to record the audio - or video as well? What about synchronisation with presentations? Notes Plus has a great audio recording capability but it doesn't do presentations at the same time.

Tim

Nothing to technical. Basically just audio. I'd like to record them then move to a jump drive. Here are some that I have looked at

Audio memos 2
Griffins italk
Codie notes plus
Recorder hp

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

OP
N

nate1224hoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nate1224hoops said:
Nothing to technical. Basically just audio. I'd like to record them then move to a jump drive. Here are some that I have looked at

Audio memos 2
Griffins italk
Codie notes plus
Recorder hp

Any thoughts on these?

Thanks

That should read Voxie and then notes plus sorry!

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about the voice memos app that is included in the iOS?

gwynsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have AudioMemos2. I tried the free version first and was impressed enough to buy the full version. It has a reasonably loud playback and is sensitive enough to record interviews etc, but is somewhat prone to picking up background noise. I have not tried it with an external mic so cannot answer for its effectiveness in a large area like a classroom or lecture hall.

You can adjust the playback volume after the fact and interrupt and restart recording at will.

Try the demo version and see what you think.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

TeacherNotes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Morning Nathan!

A little late to the game, but you might also want to take a look at an app that my friend and I just release (8/4/2011). It is called 'Teacher Notes' and is extremely handy for what you are looking to do. It will absolutely allow you to do the core functionality that you are looking for (audio recording and filing) but will allow you to do a lot more as well.

Below is the detailed description of the app, but in general, it will allow you to very easily take and file notes by domain, subject area and child over multiple classes. If you do take the time to download and browse the app, we would really value your feedback. Feel free to reach out at anytime @teachernotes on twitter!

Teacher Notes is a program designed for teachers note taking needs. It
functions as an easy way to file written notes, photos, movies or
audio on multiple children, domains and content areas all at one time.
Then when it’s time to write reports cards or evaluations Teachers
Notes has a quick way to sort notes by any combination of children,
domain and content area. You can then e-mail your notes to your self,
or email just one note with its accompanied photo, movie or audio
file. You’ll find that teacher notes functions much more rapidly than
jotting down notes on a clipboard and you’ll be able to find your
notes much faster than looking in a notebook.
Features
1. Have a different note book for each class, each with it’s own kids,
domains and content areas
2. Jot down notes, but also take pictures, movies and audio clip.
3. Effortlessly file notes on multiple children, domains and content areas
4. Quickly find any note you’ve taken
5. Rapid parsing engine lets you order your notes any way you like
6. Email yourself all your notes, or any combination you wish
7. Email single notes and access it’s photos, movies and audio from anywhere

Most reactions

Latest posts