Tasks - Sync with Outlook

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by rjstourb, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Marabou Muddler

Marabou Muddler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The apps that I have seen so far In the app store have mentioned using exchange. Unless I am positive that outlook will sync data without exchange, I don't want to risk wasting money on it. Also, since the data on my task list and calendar are confidential, I cannot risk sending it through email, cloud, dropbox, etc... The sync has to be directly to and from my computer and my iPad.

2. PierreDuran

PierreDuran
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    TaskTask HD sync with Outlook PST files

I am really struggling to work out how I can sync TalkTalk HD with my everyday Task list, which is part of a pst file.
    My notes/memos, contacts and calendar are all in the same pst.

Can anyone help me please.

:confused:

3. dborgo

dborgo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Tasktask

Tasktask synchs tasks with MS Exchange really well but if you think you can use it like you do in Outlook to track emails with your contacts, it does not work. For example in Outlook you can set a Reminder to followup on an Email. When it comes Do you can reply and it populated the address of the recipient. Plus you can set another reminder. In Tasktask you can only Forward and you can, it sets the font as bold, which does not look good, and it inserts task data that you do not want in the message. If you wants something that integrates with Outlook mail and Tasks, this is not the product. I have not found anything that works.

4. PierreDuran

PierreDuran
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for that. It is what I thought, especially considering the company never came back to answer my query

5. No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I use 2Do which syncs my outlook tasks over the wi-fi when I'm indoors if that's any good to anyone, Not a bad app at all.