What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tasks - Sync with Outlook

rjstourb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please could someone recommend the best iPad App to use in order to sync and use with Outlook Tasks. I use Microsoft Outlook at work and OWA at home to manage tasks but want to use an App which is compatible on the iPad.

Many thanks

Richard

Mbspears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two apps I am aware of that sync with Exchange. Task Task HD is the best as it can sync both "real" tasks and flagged e-mails. eTask is also good, but only syncs "real" tasks.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought Task Task today. So far works great. I had difficulty at first configuring it to the Exchange server at work. But once I figured it out, works like a champ.

Both tasks and flagged tasks are there, categories, dates, etc. So far it has been worth the money.

OP
R

rjstourb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really useful avice thanks.

I have just installed Todo but cannot find a way to link the the exchange server at work. Can you tell me any more about the issues you had with Tasktask and linking to your server at work - what were the problems and what did you do? I may have the same difficulties!

Thanks again

Richard

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was trying to use the settings in my Outlook as the server settings. I then thought about looking at the settings the iPad mail program was using for retrieving mail and used them and TaskTask started working.

Turns out at my work, the web based mail is what the phones/iPads/etc use to access Exchange, not the mail server we use internally.

Not a network guy by any means, and don't know why it is setup this way, just know when I changed the settings to be the same it has work like a charm all week.

Hope this helps,

Scott

OP
R

rjstourb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Task task sync with Exchange

Hi Scott

Thanks for this. Please can you explain what you mean by:

"settings the iPad mail program was using for retrieving mail"

How do I find these? Once I know, I'll give it a go!

Cheers

Richard

Mbspears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scott is correct. Do you use OWA to access e-mail from home? Those are the settings you need. For example, your user id is likely your e-mail address. Your server name is probably outlookanywhere.xxxxxx.com. If that doesn't work, post your settings and maybe the group can help.

Michael

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app that syncs with the Task List on Outlook, but does not require MS Exchange? I run my own business so have no need for Exchange.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard,

Go to the General Settings and tap on Mail.
Then tap on the account that is your exchange server.
The settings that are listed (Domain, server name, etc) are what I used and it worked perfectly.

Scott

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app that syncs with the Task List on Outlook, but does not require MS Exchange? I run my own business so have no need for Exchange.

I have not tried it, but loading a task app then synch through iTunes should do it.

I don't think there is a way to "push" things from Outlook without and exchange server.

You can also set up Google Sync, and then synch everything from Gmail. I was doing that for a while at home.

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have not tried it, but loading a task app then synch through iTunes should do it.

I don't think there is a way to "push" things from Outlook without and exchange server.

You can also set up Google Sync, and then synch everything from Gmail. I was doing that for a while at home.

The apps that I have seen so far In the app store have mentioned using exchange. Unless I am positive that outlook will sync data without exchange, I don't want to risk wasting money on it. Also, since the data on my task list and calendar are confidential, I cannot risk sending it through email, cloud, dropbox, etc... The sync has to be directly to and from my computer and my iPad.

PierreDuran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TaskTask HD sync with Outlook PST files

I am really struggling to work out how I can sync TalkTalk HD with my everyday Task list, which is part of a pst file.
My notes/memos, contacts and calendar are all in the same pst.

Can anyone help me please.

:confused:

dborgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tasktask

Tasktask synchs tasks with MS Exchange really well but if you think you can use it like you do in Outlook to track emails with your contacts, it does not work. For example in Outlook you can set a Reminder to followup on an Email. When it comes Do you can reply and it populated the address of the recipient. Plus you can set another reminder. In Tasktask you can only Forward and you can, it sets the font as bold, which does not look good, and it inserts task data that you do not want in the message. If you wants something that integrates with Outlook mail and Tasks, this is not the product. I have not found anything that works.

Most reactions

Latest posts