What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target starts iPad trade-in, offers at least $200 even for your first-generation iPad

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Screen_Shot_2013-11-05_at_10.37.25_AM.png

The iPad Air has been launched for consumers and we’re expecting Apple to establish another sales record this year. If you’re planning on selling your old iPad to buy a newer model, then you should know that Target has started its trade-in program that provides customers with a gift card worth at least $200 for any iPad. The good news is that even the first-generation iPad models are included in the program.

The single “trick†is that the received gift card must be used towards the purchase of a new iPad. Target’s promotion applies to any "previous model working iPad" and the iPad you bring also must be scratches-free.

The trade-in program ends on November 9, so hurry up if you’re looking to trade-in your old iPad. Normally, Target pays only $65 for a fully functional 16GB first -generation iPad and $145 for a 16GB iPad Mini. Here’s how Target’s offer is detailed on the website:

"Between November 3rd thru 9th visit your local Target Mobility store and trade in any iPad for at least $200. To take advantage of this offer, simply follow the below steps:

Step 1: Find your local Target mobility store by clicking here and selecting "Target Mobility."
Step 2: Bring your iPad to your local mobility store and visit the mobility kiosk in the electronics department to complete the trade.
Step 3: Payment will be issued in the form of a Target Trade-In Gift Card and is redeemable in any Target store. "

Target is offering the iPad Air at its discounted price of $479 for the entry-level 16GB model, as the big-box retailer has priced-matched Walmart’s price. So, if you are still using an old iPad, bring it in, get a $200 trade-in gift card and you’ll have to pay only $279 more to get the shiny new iPad Air.

Source: TheVerge
Source 2: Target Trade-in Program

Frawick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I see: "Sorry, this item has no cash value."

PadCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked great for me - I turned in 2 64 gb iPad 1s, got $400 in gift cards and then bought 2 iPad Airs from them. Thank you, Target!

tkelso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a hassle

I was able to take advantage of this program, but not without a lot of hassle. The store I went to did not have the ipad I wanted. Offered to go ahead and take mine in for the trade and give me a gift card. Then I was told that the gift card could only be used in their store. They never would back down even though their web site makes no mention of this. I finally got it done, but quite a hassle.

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why my Gen 2 64g AT&T/wifi shows a trade in value of $170.00?

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why my Gen 2 64g AT&T/wifi shows a trade in value of $170.00?

During Target's special offer, ending today, you get $200 if you take it into one of the designated stores. I turned in my iPad 1 for a gift card last night. No hassles, really easy as long as the iPad turns on.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I traded in my iPad 2 for the iPad mini last night...I know many are saying get the Air but they were out of them and for me the mini is just fine. It allows me to use iOS 7 and it's more compact without being too small. I prefer my Galaxy Note 2 for most of my "tech chores" but there are a few apps on iOS that I just can't find a comparable version on Android...my next goal is a Note 10.1...the S Pen is just AWESOME!!

rollerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I traded in my wifes iPad 1 and ended up getting a $200 gift card. No iPad Airs in Oregon Targets. She is using my iPad Air, 128gb, Verizon one untill she gets her's. Gave my sister another iPad 1, I had. I helped her set it up but man, was it slow and heavy.

Most reactions

Latest posts