What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target inventory search works! Got one!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It made me feel better when I went to the home button and then set up the search for IPAD. It finds them all over :)

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know what kills me? All these people who went out early and stood in the lines, searched high and low, etc. to get an iPad and then they bitch about it not being the one they really wanted. "Now I gotta take it back" or "Now I'm stuck with this", or "I have to sell it" and "Now I need to find the one I want."

Really? When they KNOW the demand is going to outstrip the supply in a matter of hours, as usually happens with iOS devices? Hello!

It's okay to be anxious, run out and get your iPad, etc. That's fun. But...WHY SETTLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT YOU REALLY WANT???

I thought about all that searching, going early, getting in lines, etc. but whenever the chance existed that the vendor I was going to wouldn't have the Black 64GB AT&T 3G model in stock, I opted not to go. That's the one I want and I'll be dammned if I waste my time and effort by settling for a white 16GB WiFi only version in the end just because that's what they had in stock by the time I got to the head of the line...and then be upset that I didn't get what I wanted. That's just dumb.

I ordered online and am patiently waiting for mine to arrive on the 6th.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

swat ss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for this thread. i used this to find mine at my local target.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what kills me? All these people who went out early and stood in the lines, searched high and low, etc. to get an iPad and then they bitch about it not being the one they really wanted. "Now I gotta take it back" or "Now I'm stuck with this", or "I have to sell it" and "Now I need to find the one I want."

Really? When they KNOW the demand is going to outstrip the supply in a matter of hours, as usually happens with iOS devices? Hello!

It's okay to be anxious, run out and get your iPad, etc. That's fun. But...WHY SETTLE FOR LESS THAN WHAT YOU REALLY WANT???

I thought about all that searching, going early, getting in lines, etc. but whenever the chance existed that the vendor I was going to wouldn't have the Black 64GB AT&T 3G model in stock, I opted not to go. That's the one I want and I'll be dammned if I waste my time and effort by settling for a white 16GB WiFi only version in the end just because that's what they had in stock by the time I got to the head of the line...and then be upset that I didn't get what I wanted. That's just dumb.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

That is the tricky thing we all toy with. If I order online I have to wait to get it. If I try and wait in lines I can get it much sooner. Its human nature to want things before others.

What makes the whole thing more complicated is that 18 different iPad models!!!!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hoshnasi said:
That is the tricky thing we all toy with. If I order online I have to wait to get it. If I try and wait in lines I can get it much sooner. Its human nature to want things before others.

What makes the whole thing more complicated is that 18 different iPad models!!!!

True...

KneeDragr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked for me as well, perfectly. There was no way in hell I was standing in line at the store, which I see when I get coffee in the morning.

I was actually thinking I might get that new Galaxy 8.9 if its easier to get, even though the interface looked very slow and chuggy in the videos I saw, and the games performance likely wont be as good if its Tegra 2.

Didnt have to worry, as I got the exact model I wanted ( black, 16g, Verizon ) with no line, no wait and only had to drive 10 minutes round trip on my lunch hour.

Thanks Target tool writer, excellent job!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To Jason ~ the OP on this thread ~ there was a member who read your thread here and just got his iPad at a local Target!

You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.;)

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow cool, would of loved this, but I already camped outside an apple str for 5 hours to get an iPad. But at least I can use this to look up other iPad stock .

OP
J

JasonFJ40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
To Jason ~ the OP on this thread ~ there was a member who read your thread here and just got his iPad at a local Target!

You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.;)

Awesome! I'm glad to hear this is working well for multiple people!

Ravynmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh. It showed a Target store nearby with "Limited Availability", so I jumped in the car and drove over. Guy says they haven't had any iPad 2s in days. :(

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ravynmagi said:
Ugh. It showed a Target store nearby with "Limited Availability", so I jumped in the car and drove over. Guy says they haven't had any iPad 2s in days. :(

That's why this seems to be useless to me. I live in the mountains 45 minutes away from the nearest Target that COULD carry iPads. Can't take that risk. Guess I'll just pop in at places when I happen to be in town to see if I can get lucky between now and when mine ships on the 1st. It's a crap shoot.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Try calling first. After I got my ipad2 on launch day a coworker wanted one. We had to call several stores the day after, but we did find one within a decent driving distance. If in doubt, it's always best to call first.

neile45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this worked great for me. Last Thursday, it showed limited availability at a couple stores over an hour away, when I called, 1 had 2, the other had none. When I woke up Friday morning at 4:30 am, there was a store that previously had no stock close to my work, that was showing limited availablility, and I got there at 6:30, and waited till they opened (with no one else showing up), and was able to get it. I would watch the stores that go from no stock to limited availability or in stock, and that would be where you could get them.

If you are still looking, you might want to try BB, as I was in two different stores yesterday, and they both had a couple in stock.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sentiments exactly

Why waste time with all the crap. I think it's selfish to buy something you don't want and take it back, knowing that Apple will have some on reserve to replace it with. It's mean and inconsiderate of the probably 300,000 + ppl across US (and plus countries as of tomorrow) that are on backorder or can't seem to get one, even though every day they're the second to last person in line at a retailer.

Buy what you want or be patient.

PS...I went to BB on Mar 12 and they had 5 white 32g. She was like you sure you don't want it. They're gonna sell fast. I was sure because I don't like being disappointed. I have my heart on the 64 white and I will not cheat. I will not adulter. I'm gonna wait til the 28 of April or die in agony, but I'd rather wait because then someone else will get her after I have paid for her.

~Another iPad2less day

Most reactions

Latest posts