What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tapatalk is an app to use to browse forums with versus using Safari or another web browser.

In my opinion, it makes it easier to read and view the forum and all it's posts. I prefer it for forums - something improved to myself yesterday when an update caused it to be all messed up yesterday (it's fixed, now).

The only thing I can suggest is to just use it and see what you make of it. And no, there is no manual for it, though there is a FAQ on the Tapatalk web site.

I'll offer this as a final note: ask here if you have any Tapatalk questions. I've been using it for almost two years now and think I've got a pretty good grasp of its workings. And, I'm not the only one. I'm sure the folk here that use it can help answer any questions you may have.

Marilyn

OP
A

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
@Mickey330. Hi Maralyn, thanks for yor reply. At first I could not see how to get IPF onto Tapatalk, which was the reason for my initial post on this matter. Now I figured that out I still can't see the point of it. The IPF app has everything on the bottom line, with tapa I hav to move a page for to make a change. It appears to me to be a bit more complicated, however I am brand new so I bow to your superior knowledge seeing as u a real bad girl super mod from NC 10,000 posts!!! (wldnt want to mess with u) and will give some time to the app and it's uses, in the meantime would u delete the IPF app or still use both, if both then why have two apps for doing the same job. Don't too many apps spoil the Ram? I guess there is a limit to the number of apps one can hav/use? How wld I kno? Lot of stuff going round in my head at the mo, hope u don't mind, beepsy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Mickey330. Hi Maralyn, thanks for yor reply. At first I could not see how to get IPF onto Tapatalk, which was the reason for my initial post on this matter. Now I figured that out I still can't see the point of it. The IPF app has everything on the bottom line, with tapa I hav to move a page for to make a change. It appears to me to be a bit more complicated, however I am brand new so I bow to your superior knowledge seeing as u a real bad girl super mod from NC 10,000 posts!!! (wldnt want to mess with u) and will give some time to the app and it's uses, in the meantime would u delete the IPF app or still use both, if both then why have two apps for doing the same job. Don't too many apps spoil the Ram? I guess there is a limit to the number of apps one can hav/use? How wld I kno? Lot of stuff going round in my head at the mo, hope u don't mind, beepsy

It really is a matter of preference as to what you use to browse the forum: Tapatalk, the "official" IPF app, etc. it's whatever works best for you. If it turns out you prefer the IPF app, that's cool...

I keep the IPF app in case someone has a question. You can delete whatever apps you wish - as long as there is space on the iPad, there's no reason to worry about keeping apps on the iPad. Again, it comes down to personal choice as to how many apps you keep on your iPad, even if they appear to duplicate each other's function.

Marilyn

OP
A

anonbeep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weymouth Dorset England where the Sailing Olympics
@Mickey330. Hi Maralyn, so now I am being a smarty pants as u can see and sending this via Tapatlk. Took me ages to work that out. U said u use the IPF app for when someone wants to ask a question. What's the diff? Why wld u alternate between the two? I mean I am asking a question now so when u get this query what makes IPF better or worse for the same question/topic, no matter where it was sent from? Beepsy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Mickey330. Hi Maralyn, so now I am being a smarty pants as u can see and sending this via Tapatlk. Took me ages to work that out. U said u use the IPF app for when someone wants to ask a question. What's the diff? Why wld u alternate between the two? I mean I am asking a question now so when u get this query what makes IPF better or worse for the same question/topic, no matter where it was sent from? Beepsy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Edit

I meant I use the IPF app if someone has a question specifically about the IPF app. We have a lot of members that use that app. If they have a question on how to use it, I have it so I can go look to see if I can help with their issue.

Again, it matters not which app (if any) you use to access the forum. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts