What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap to Translate Single Word

famico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

One of the things I most hoped to do with my iPad is to browse foreign language news sites and, when I don't know a word, tap it and have a translation pop up. You've been able to do this on Chrome and FF on my computer since approximately 1884, but it doesn't seem possible on the iPad.

Anyone know how to do this? All the translation apps want to translate whole pages. The nearest I've come is using the Atomic browser, removing all the search engines apart from wordreference.com, clicking a word and selecting "search", but there must be a simpler way.

Any ideas?

Famico

helpfuluser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Tap-Translate

Tap-Translate (bit.ly/TapTranslate) does exactly that and more!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a similar application in iBook , thatncan translate to a laguage other then English. Like you can load different languages . The oneni am looking for is Hebrew .

OP
F

famico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D'oh! I tried so many combinations in the Store - "translate browsing" "translate browser" "translate internet" and never tried the damn word "tap".

Thanks!

jfbouverat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could have a look at Read the World (readtheworld.seeyoosoon.com).

It gives a very complete set of translation from major languages. It integrates with Safari or provides a full-featured browser as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts