What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tap a Talk

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just downloaded this cuz it came up on top of Leelai s post,but so far don't know what I can do with it?

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And now I just opened it in Safari. Maybe I was in App before. Don't know the difference as I started with app but was an option to open in safar, so here I am.lol

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Betty, Tap A Talk is an app through which you can access any Forums that you are a member of, a great app especially if you frequent many Forums as all can be accessed through this one app. And yes, you can switch to Safari from within the app.

It's just had an update also and they have now made it a free app......much to the chagrin of those of us who paid for it!

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And now I just opened it in Safari. Maybe I was in App before. Don't know the difference as I started with app but was an option to open in safar, so here I am.lol

Now I see I have to go thru app to get to subscribed threads which I just did,
So I saw ur message on tapatalk,but when I open it it doesn't take me to forum. Seems I can't figure out how to get these apps to WORK,

Not going into the webt TV issue til I can find that help thread. Don't see it in forums...maybe discussions?

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like it did take me to IPF now, but no longer see subscribed threads at bottom, so how do I get to that help thread?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Betty,

Like you, I'm learning how to use Tapatalk. I'm finding navigation through the forums and threads the hardest thing to grasp at present.

The buttons in the top rusty orange menu are useful.
There is the back button to the left. Tap this to step back to where you were before.
Then the right button with the … symbol calls up a sub menu for some tasks.

When you are looking at posts on a thread, a grey and charcoal coloured bar appears immediately under the top menu. If you cannot see the bar, swipe down to refresh the view and show the bar. This bar shows the folder and sub-folder hierarchy which contains the thread you are looking at. You can tap onto the name of one of those sub folders to jump to that sub folder (I was thinking of a hyper jump per Star Trek! ;) )
If you don't like where you have jumped to, tap the back button to take you to where you were.

Then, I have discovered that in some views, where there is the little button with 3 bars in it, or a button with a head and shoulders silhouette, you can swipe right to show shortcuts inside a dark grey section down the left side of the screen. If you don't like using swipe just tap the bottom to open the grey side bar This section should have another button with 3 bars at the top of the section.
Swipe the section right, or tap the button at the top, to see another dark grey ribbon down the left side of the screen. Both of the ribbons contain very very useful navigation menus. The buttons/commands in the menus are self explanatory.

I hope my clumsy wording helps with your enjoyment of Tapatalk. I must go off and practice and learn some more. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The buttons in the top rusty orange menu are useful.
That menu bar up top can be blue (which is my preference), depending on the colour scheme you have choosen with "Themes".
ze9a8yme.jpg

Impressive how you are picking up the use of Tapatalk so quickly, Richard:); it's a robust forum app with many useful features. Unfortunately, following the new upgraded version, Tapatalk is in the process of finalising the new UI, so has been altering/backtracking on a few features. But once they've finished you would IMHO find it a useful and pleasant forum tool to use?
Andrew

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How to I clear notifications from the list. I would like to clear a notified post after I have read the post.

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to I clear notifications from the list. I would like to clear a notified post after I have read the post.

I don't think the app's intention is to be able to delete any Notifications, because I believe it is there as a historical record to quickly get back to other members' posts. My view is that the desired sequence is to:
(1) read the "Unread" posts first. If you want to delete the post before reading then swipe right to left to get the choice to delete by tapping on the check (tick) choice:
egyty6e8.jpg

In "Unread" if you choose to read it, then that post will be gone automatically after you have read it and return you to the Unread list
(2) If you have deleted the post that way by reading it or swipe/tick, you haven't lost it. You can always see it again by going into the "Timeline" option.
me7uma2e.jpg

(3) And of course, you can tap on this for any posts you have participated in:
ja5ameju.jpg

Cheers,
Andrew

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that Andrew,
I was getting accustomed to the unread posts features and like the fact a post will vanish from the list when it had been read.

I can now get an inkling as to how some of you folks navigate to new posts etc so very quickly! ;)

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may add: you can set the Tapatalk settings so that any threads that are read are not immediately removed. As a moderator, I like it better that the threads don't disappear from the Unread list, cause sometimes I like to go back to them. They'll show as read, but they'll still be there.

Just in case you want to change the behavior...

Marilyn

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I may add: you can set the Tapatalk settings so that any threads that are read are not immediately removed. As a moderator, I like it better that the threads don't disappear from the Unread list, cause sometimes I like to go back to them. They'll show as read, but they'll still be there.

Just in case you want to change the behavior...

Marilyn

Thanks for that Marilyn. I've done as you suggested. :)

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

OP
BettiBz

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is all too complicated for me to go thru, just to get to a forum
All that comes up for me is my name and another page with nothing I can use. Looks like another app ill be passing on.

Most reactions

Latest posts