What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk me into getting an iPad 2 please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been a customer of apple's for a while owning there ipod nano and itouches. Im amazed by the reviews and videos of the iPad 2 with apps like garageband and madpad making me very jealous! Ive wanted an iPad since I saw the first one come out!

Its just the price that puts me off.. £479 for the 32gb (thats more than my laptop cost!) - will I regret spending that much money?

Talk me in to it so I don't feel as guilty...

Cheers

ps. people tell me IOS 5 (?!) is coming out soon, does that mean I should wait for the iPad 3?

Last edited:

Android16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go get a samsung galaxy tab 10.1, I have one and I love it, ios made me feel as if I committed a crime and locked me down. plus it runs flash, its lighter, and thinner with a better display. Apple see's it as a big threat thats why they have takin samsung to court because it too big of a competitor. But if you still love ios just wait for the ipad 3, its said its going to have a retina display.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wellll....Ipad3 prolly won't be out till beginning of 1st quarter of 2012. Depends if you want to wait that long. iOS5 will also be on iPad2. So, I guess it really depends on what you want out of the iPad. With icloud coming with iOS 5...you may not even need 32gb.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android16 said:
Go get a samsung galaxy tab 10.1, I have one and I love it, ios made me feel as if I committed a crime and locked me down. plus it runs flash, its lighter, and thinner with a better display. Apple see's it as a big threat thats why they have takin samsung to court because it too big of a competitor. But if you still love ios just wait for the ipad 3, its said its going to have a retina display.

iPad 3 is probably not going to be around until next year.

As to the OP, if you need to be talked into buying an iPad then maybe you don't really want one.......I have one and I love it but I wouldnt try and talk anyone into it however, have a read of the threads here to give you an idea of user experiences and then if you are still unsure take a trip to an Apple store.

If you do want one but don't want to pay list price then check out the refurbs at Apple.com store, some good bargains to be had.

The Archangel

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jamie, can you get to an Apple store? If so, you can spend a lot of time playing with their many display models. In addition, the stores run free workshops including iPad intro courses that are fantastic, but you don't need to have an iPad to take the classes. This would really give you a good idea of what they can do.
I was given an ipad by my DH completely out of the blue. I had never thought of getting one, and i was an apple virgin. If he'd asked me if I wanted one, I would have said 'don't waste your money'. Seriously, my iPad is the best present I have ever had and I use it constantly from the moment I wake up (listening to music, quick check of emails), to when I go to bed (reading free books from my local library) and constantly in between (surfing internet, emails, watching on demand tv, invoicing, watching movies on car journeys etc etc etc). I barely switch on my pc now, and never use my laptop. My iPad is just so fast, so easy to use, has so many applications, both fun and for work, I absolutely love it....persuaded you yet? :)

Last edited:

iCan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
Jamie, can you get to an Apple store? If so, you can spend a lot of time playing with their many display models. In addition, the stores run free workshops including iPad intro courses that are fantastic, but you don't need to have an iPad to take the classes. This would really give you a good idea of what they can do.
I was given an ipad by my DH completely out of the blue. I had never thought of getting one, and i was an apple virgin. If he'd asked me if I wanted one, I would have said 'don't waste your money'. Seriously, my iPad is the best present I have ever had and I use it constantly from the moment I wake up (listening to music, quick check of emails), to when I go to bed (reading free books from my local library) and constantly in between (surfing internet, emails, watching on demand tv, invoicing, watching movies on car journeys etc etc etc). I barely switch on my pc now, and never use my laptop. My iPad is just so fast, so easy to use, has so many applications, both fun and for work, I absolutely love it....persuaded you yet? :)

Agree with all this

Was a bit skeptical at first. Didn't want to be limited by apple. But I decided it was currently more stable than other devices and I really wasn't fussed on the android honeycomb that the samsung galaxy tab came with (I'm an android phone user and do like it). I also realised there would be so much more apps specific to tablets on ios than android...honeycomb os hasn't really developed at a fast rate, and it doesn't seem like there is a big rush to develop tablet specific apps ( tho I think they should be if they want to really compete).

What I found was with android, there are lots of apps but a lot from 3rd party developers and a lot unstable. There's an app for anything on apple and they are stable, reliable and they just feel so much better to use.

My dad and mum both have android tablets, but they just don't compare to my ipad2. Dad is in to customisatioj, and he has rooted a lot of his devices, but I like t just use my iPad the way apple intended it.

I don't feel limited in what I can do. I can watch sky news, sky sports, stream live tv, watch BBC news videos through their apps, daily mail app is great with lots of features, pics and videos... Ever Note app works great and does me well, some great games I've got. Downloaded September 11 memorial apps while on Hols, have synced music that was NOT bought on iTunes, have added my holiday photos to show people. Going to play about with a photo editor for them. Also going to give a music producing app a go. They are cool. I have skyped my dad, face timed my uncle, got my emails, used my calendar ....

The thing is just great. And although u can do a lot of these things on android, they just don't come easier and smoother than on the iPad, and that's from someone who has used android phones and tablets.... The quality of customer service and support is also brilliant , alot better than u would find for other devices.

Anyway, only u can decide but hope I've helped a bit.

:)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The money was a little scary for me, too - I could barely afford it. I personally think it's worth the money but if you're skeptical at all about spending that kind of money, then don't! Hang out on this thread, read people's comments about certain things, and if that still doesn't convince you, hold off and wait to buy one (or not) until you're sure it's what you want. I don't regret my purchase though. :ipad-front:

OP
jamie.long951

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies lads, ive made my mind up... it's coming on wednesday! :) Went for the 32gb so shouldn't run out of space like I did on my iTouch - and besides will be even better when we get iCloud!

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jamie.long951 said:
Hi all,

Ive been a customer of apple's for a while owning there ipod nano and itouches. Im amazed by the reviews and videos of the iPad 2 with apps like garageband and madpad making me very jealous! Ive wanted an iPad since I saw the first one come out!

Its just the price that puts me off.. £479 for the 32gb (thats more than my laptop cost!) - will I regret spending that much money?

Talk me in to it so I don't feel as guilty...

Cheers

ps. people tell me IOS 5 (?!) is coming out soon, does that mean I should wait for the iPad 3?

I got the 64 GB 3G+wi-fi model. One of the best purchases I ever made. I haven't looked back yet. It really depends on whether you'll use 3G, and if you need a lot of memory. But it's definitely worth it. Plus I'm an online student and the iBook store allows me to store all my electronic book for free, it really has worked out for me. Hope this helps.

p3unit32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android16 said:

That's to bad, about the iPad 3 and all. It seems like you can never keep up. My iPad 2 will have to hold me for the next two or three years. I would like to have that retina display though, but the new iPhone will take care of that. I'm good with my iPad 2.

Curious though. What exactly did you not like about iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts