What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tales of Monkey Island HD Episode 1 Goes Free to Celebrate Full Season Release

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI8MMAurIZ8&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - Tales of Monkey Island Season Trailer[/ame]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Telltale Games announced today on its blog that it’s finally releasing episodes 2 to 5 of Monkey Island Tales HD for the iPad to the App Store, and to celebrate, the first episode, Launch of the Screaming Narwhal, is available to download for free from now until July 22. This really is fantastic news for fans of Telltale’s adventure games, and the legendary original LucasArts Monkey Island series of course, as normally the episodes cost $6.99 each. Episode 1 has already won a bucketful of awards, such as the Adventure Gamers Game of the Year, and IGN’s Best of E3. The five-part saga features the return of hero Guybrush Threepwood, as well as all your other fave characters such as LeChuck, Elaine, Stan, and the Voodoo Lady, but there are also a lot of new characters to meet and puzzles to solve too. If you’ve always wanted to see just how well Telltale Games resurrected the classic adventure series, well now’s your chance, and for free too![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Click here to download Monkey Island Tales 1 HD for free: Monkey Island Tales 1 HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Episodes 2-5 are also available now for $6.99 each. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: Telltale Games - Blogs, iTunes[/FONT]

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only problem is it won't play on iPad 1, it just keeps slowing down and freezing. Apparently it's fine on iPad 2.

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just have to make do with the 1 for now! Never mind I'm enjoying it and there are lots of good games that work well and, I've got Monkey Island on my Wii!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I just have to make do with the 1 for now! Never mind I'm enjoying it and there are lots of good games that work well and, I've got Monkey Island on my Wii!

Maybe just try downloading it again? I've played the first few minutes on iPad 1 and it seems okay for now (cross fingers!)

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get to the well and then find the X to bury the doll? I've been running round and round in circles!

Max Death

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Follow the map given to you by deoro(?) listen to the sounds when it shows a monkey on the map take the path where you hear the monkey sound. On the pc version the map is created randomly not sure if same on iPad. Sorry I can't tell you left right etc. hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts