What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking written notes in a book

sportsmomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love to do Bible studies using my iPad-either through Kindle, Nook, Kobo or iBook. I know I can do "notes" but was wondering if there is any way to take actual written notes in the book. Many of the studies I do have questions at the end of each chapter with space to write in answers and I'd love to be able to do that. Any ideas?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Sportsmomma, welcome to the forum. When you find the time, head on over to the new members forum and introduce yourself. While in that subforum , you will find a couple of informative threads on tips and tricks in using this forum. There is also a listing of rules for the forum.

As twertypoet suggested, using an actual Bible app maybe useful. I use GloBible. It is "free" but once in awhile you will get emails asking you to upgrade. I actually prefer getting an email versus having ads in the app. Here is a screen shot of the app. I pulled down the version button. The free app comes with two versions of the Bible, King James and the New International Version. If you buy the upgrade you will get about five more versions. Note, this is a very large memory using app. It is very slow on an iPad 1.

Attachments

• image-4277757919.jpg
    image-4277757919.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
OP
S

sportsmomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. What I was looking for is an app to use where I can write in actual books that I use for the studies. I actually ended up getting Goodreader which works great! I just download the books as a PDF file and I take take written notes right on the pages.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That works too. Glad you found solution.

I prefer PDF Expert for that, but GoodReader is decent. I believe iAnnotate (I don't use it) is designed specifically for taking notes on top of PDFs.

Most reactions

Latest posts