What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking pictures in 16:9 format?

mathh1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone know about an IPAD (3) app, that allows to take pictures (photos, not movies) in the 16:9 format? I do not want do post process (crop) the regular 4:3 pics but tell the camera via its settings to record all upcoming pictures in the format 16:9.
Is there something that allows me to do so?
Thanks!
Matthias

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mathh1234 said:
Hi,
does anyone know about an IPAD (3) app, that allows to take pictures (photos, not movies) in the 16:9 format? I do not want do post process (crop) the regular 4:3 pics but tell the camera via its settings to record all upcoming pictures in the format 16:9.
Is there something that allows me to do so?
Thanks!
Matthias

As far as I know, there is no way to photograph still images in widescreen on the iPad. If you want widescreen images, you'll have to crop them. BTW, having the camera produce wide angle images would mean simply that they'd be cropped in the camera, rather than in editing, as the image sensor is 1.33:1(4x3).
There are various editing apps that allow you to perform all sorts of editing processes on your photos, including cropping them to any aspect ratio you please. Apple's own iPhoto app is one of them.

Last edited:
OP
M

mathh1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi scifan! Thanks for the quick answer!
I was aware of such post-processing apps, I do have one (Camera+). Since I want to take many pictures in a row in this format, it will be much more work to apply the cropping after taking the pictures compared to adjust the camera settings in advance. Also, no image section would be marked while taking the pictures.

So, my next question would be, if it is true that only post-processing is possible: is there any batch processing app that allows me to crop multiple images with the 16:9 aspect ratio at once? E.g. by defining a containing directory inside the camera roll?

It would be great if such an app is also able to adjust the images brightness and contrast at the same step.
Best, Matthias

Most reactions