What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Table to Text in Pages

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my iPad I have been struggling to take a long list of dates, created in Numbers, and copying it to Pages as text. Apparently, in Pages, it cannot be done unless you use a Mac. I am sure there are many alternative solutions, unknown to me, but eventually I succeeded using the standard Notes app.

Starting with the table in Numbers, copy the table. Start the Notes app and paste into a new Note page. Select the pasted table and click the table icon on the keypad. Select Convert to Text. Copy the text and then paste into Pages.

Long-winded, I know, but it solved my problem and may help others.

11408BA0-3162-4A99-96EB-CE2256BF47BA.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I didn’t know Notes would do that. Nice.

You could also use Shortcuts. Here is simple one that takes whatever you copy in Numbers, converts it to text, and copies it back to the clipboard for pasting. Just copy the table or a selected column/row in Numbers, run the shortcut, then paste into your Pages documents. It’s possible to be fancier, adding some formatting with regex, but I’m too lazy to do that for just a quick demo.

3EBACE11-AB7E-43AB-A238-6E2BC38B5AFC.png

75A781C8-30CF-4E57-A6FD-A7398F8B0156.jpeg

OP
NSquirrel

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you Twerppoet. I have to admit that I have never really done anything with shortcuts on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts