What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Mobile’s CEO hints that the carrier may soon start iPad sales

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
leggy.png

If you are T-Mobile subscriber that still doesn’t own an iPad but looking to buy one, then this news should put a smile on your face. T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, tweeted on Wednesday that he was "excited" for Apple's upcoming October 22 iPad event, which could be a hint that the carrier will finally be granted access to Apple’s tablet.

Legere tweeted the following:

“What has two thumbs and is excited for October 22?â€

which probably isn’t just a random tweet but one that is meant to keep T-Mobile subscribers on their toes during the event. The introduction of the iPad to T-Mobile U.S. users makes sense especially after T-Mobile confirmed back in August, this year, that it was looking to expand its product offerings from Apple. The telecom first started carrying iPhones back in April of this year, so embracing iPads is the next logical step. Back then, Legere said:

“I think there’s a whole array of Apple products that we look forward to carrying. We will expand what we offer from them.â€

T-Mobile is the fourth-largest U.S. carrier after AT&T, Verizon and Sprint and is the single one in the leading carrier quartet that still lacks the iPad. Of course, to use Apple’s tablets on their carrier, subscribers inserted T-Mobile SIM cards in iPads that they purchased elsewhere, just like they did with iPhones before the carrier officially started offering the smartphones. An official deal between T-Mobile and Apple means that users will purchase iPads with preloaded with T-Mobile SIM cards and the specific carrier optimizations.

Any T-Mobile subscribers out there who are excited about the news?

Source: AppleInsider

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The more options for users when it comes to data plans on the iPad, the better! My next iPad might have data support this time around so I'm interested.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is good news.

I hope the new iPads are like the iPhone 5S in that there is ONE model with both GSM and CDMA radios so you can use any carrier's SIM. It is not like the carrier subsidizes the iPads so that hardware restriction needs to disappear.

Most reactions

Latest posts