What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syning apps from iphone

TheDanishDanger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all

Getting a new ipad 2 in a few days. I have an iphone 4 and I'm wondering when I sync the ipad 2 to iTunes, will ALL of my apps on iTunes sync over to the ipad 2, or will only COMPATIBLE apps transfer over. Just curious so I don't have to end up deleting apps that don't work on the ipad. Thanks.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Depends how you set it up too sync. If you have it set too all apps to sync then that's what will happen. Otherwise choose only the ones you want to sync. Unfortunately it's either all or manually selecting there's no only iPad apps selection.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only compatible apps will sync. You'll get a warning for others. However, almost all iPhone apps are compatible with the iPad, though almost all of those will run in emulator mode, not native.

When you edit your app sync settings in iTunes you can select/deselect which apps sync. These settings will remember which device they are for. Newly purchased apps have a tendency to sync to all devices unless you remember to deselect them in iTunes. Deleting any app on the device automatically deselects it's syncing in iTunes the next time you sync.

Come iOS 5 this fall, all of this becomes moot. You will seldom (if ever) need to go to iTunes to load, transfer, or share apps across multiple devices.

Most reactions