What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing with Outlook and add-ins

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are two add-ins in my Outlook that were put there by iTunes installation:

-the first one is Outlook Change Notifier (description is "Detects changes to contacts and calendars"
-the second one is iTunes Outlook Addin.

The second one is disabled (inactive). Will I have to enable this one before I set up syncing between iPad and Outlook, or does it work without it? I wasn't able to find any details on what it does, except some unverified claims that it has to do with iCloud sync (which I'm not using0.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried syncing yesterday (without that add-on), and I can confirm it worked just fine. But for some reason Tasks don't get synchronized with Reminders (from what my Google search told me, that's a "feature").
Also, is there any sync-log generated, just to be on the safe side (Nokia Suite always displays it, so you can review what was changed or deleted)?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't sync the Reminder's app with Google tasks. Without knowing exactly what you found in your search, I can't guess what feature they were actually talking about. Depending on your Google account setup(s) you can only sync Mail, Calendars, Contacts, and Notes (to the best of my knowledge). Notes is only a half-solution outside of keeping iOS devices synced.

There are third party apps that will sync with your Google tasks, but I'm not familiar with any of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts