What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing with google contacts

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have my contacts set up to sync with google when i connect to itunes. i noticed today that all of my new contacts that i edited on my ipad were gone after syncing. is this a one way sync? kind of defeats the purpose

jimmiem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have to sync through iTunes, you can sync OTA with Google via Exchange. Your mail, calendar and contacts will sync both ways and never be out of sync.

I tried to post a link but the board won't let me, not enough posts. Just google "set up google exchange on iPad"

0sync0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have to sync through iTunes, you can sync OTA with Google via Exchange. Your mail, calendar and contacts will sync both ways and never be out of sync.
Doesn't that require access to an Exchange server?

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't that require access to an Exchange server?

Yes, but Google provides you with a free MS Exchange server for mobile applications.

It works exactly the way that MobileMe works for contacts, calendars, and push mail.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

That is probably the link that our posting friend wanted to give you.

Most reactions

Latest posts