What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Question

sandman1318

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I sync my iPad to iTunes, it usually takes forever. The problem is that it "installs" every single app that's already on my iPad, even though the apps have been installed previously. I'm not just talking about apps that I've updated directly from the app store to my iPad but all of the apps that are currently on the iPad. This happens most of the time but occasionally I'll get a break where it won't do this. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I don't have this problem when syncing my iPhone. Thanks.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it's backing up your apps, not installing them. It automatically backs up every time you sync, and it can take 30 sec to 5 min +, depending on what you have installed. Yes, sometimes it goes quickly, but mostly slowly. There's program for your PC that will tell iTunes, not to backup, just sync, it's called "BackOff", it from "www.digidna.net" and it is free. Just be sure to let it backup at least once a week, so if your iPad crashes, you won't lose everything and have to start over, you can just restore it.

www.digidna.net

Last edited:
OP
S

sandman1318

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it was installing the apps because it said something to that effect. But thanks for clearing that up and thanks for the info on digidna.net.

Neal

Most reactions

Latest posts