1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Syncing notes

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Patriks7, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Patriks7

Patriks7 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello.

I've had my iPad for a couple days now and everything has been great. However, I am stuck with one thing, which is syncing notes. I have it set in iTunes and my iPad settings for the notes to sync to my mail app on my MBP, but it doesn't do it. I have an iPhone where I have it set the same way and they sync without problems (they even show up on my iPad).

So if anyone knows what I'm actually talking about, any ideas how to fix this? :D
  2. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Check the mailboxes on your MBP, sometimes the notes show up under "Reminders".
  3. Patriks7

Patriks7 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I checked that and they don't show up in there. I'm really lost with this, since the connection is obviously there when my iPhone notes sync :confused:
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,986 / 1
    Sounds like you've got it set up right. No idea why it doesn't work.

Couple of things you might check. In the Notes app, see if there is an account button at the top left. You'll get that if you are syncing wiht more than one source. Check your email account settings on the iPad and make sure you don't have note syncing set up there as well. This should only result in the multiple accounts mentioned before, but you can try turning it off and see if that helps.

Personally I prefer to avoid all the sync settings under the Info tab in iTunes. Online syncing is more resilient and less likley to cause problems.

So, my suggestion is that you swtich to Evernote. You can sync that with all your devices, the computer, and even it in a browser. You also get more types of notes, including audio and pictures. For those notes that you absolutely must have even offline, just mark them as favorites and they save locally.

Evernote comes with an email address. You can use this to send your current notes to Evenote, and save a lot of copy&pasting.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  5. Patriks7

Patriks7 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For some reason the syncing randomly started to work today! I have no idea what was wrong, as I didn't change any settings :confused:

And thanks, I heard about Evernote before, just haven't had a chance to set it up so I'll go do that right now! Sounds a lot better than the Notes sync.