What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing notes from iphone 4 to ipad 2

jimnolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'd appreciate any help on this one, I've just updated my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to iOS 5, I've got Notes on the phone that I'd like to transfer to the iPad, I haven't a clue as to how to do it. Can anyone help me please?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations for successfully upgrading to iOS 5! There are a couple of ways to move your notes from your iPad to your iPhone.

If you don't have many you could email each one from your iPhone to yourself...open the email on your iPad and copy the content to Notes.

However if you have more than a few you should probably set up an iCloud account. Once that's done you can go into Settings > iCloud > Notes "On" on both devices. That will sync all of your files in your Notes apps between your iPhone and your iPad. If you don't want them to sync going forward you can turn it off (and delete any notes that you no longer need from either device). More here:

Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

Hope that helps and enjoy your iDevices!

OP
J

jimnolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated

svjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar situation with several notes accounts. When I installed iOS 5 on my iphone, I selected "notes on my PC" as the default notes account. I have since changed it to "iCloud", but there appears no way to get my notes from their original account into the iCloud account where they will actually be synced. Any suggestions on how to do this?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had much time to spend on iCloud stuff, but it's possible that only "new" files will be synced. That's how it's working for photos. I have to believe there's a way to do it though. Perhaps others that have had more time with iCloud will chime in.

OP
J

jimnolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Based on richsadams reply that new notes would sync and not the old ones I played about with this for a while tonight. iCloud will sync new notes, ie ones made after installing ios5 but it only does it when either my iPad or iPhone is plugged into power, then you sync from either device (settings-general- iTunes Wifi sync-sync now) or from the sync button in the iTunes program on my pc. So, happy days, progress of sorts, now an easy way to sync old notes would be good. Thanks for everyone's help on this.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Based on richsadams reply that new notes would sync and not the old ones I played about with this for a while tonight. iCloud will sync new notes, ie ones made after installing ios5 but it only does it when either my iPad or iPhone is plugged into power, then you sync from either device (settings-general- iTunes Wifi sync-sync now) or from the sync button in the iTunes program on my pc. So, happy days, progress of sorts, now an easy way to sync old notes would be good. Thanks for everyone's help on this.
Copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste, copy, paste... :)

Thanks for the update and let us know if you figure out how to get the old ones to sync!

OP
J

jimnolan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello again, another update, notes are synced wirelessly too, I've just noticed this as I was writing a note on my iPhone to remind me to do something it was synced to my iPad. I guess that's that then. Be well.

Most reactions

Latest posts