What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing ipad2

koutelos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
i have synched my ipad2 for the first time with my macbook, i have used it for some time but now i want to synch it with my mac without losing the data i have on my apps. How this can be done?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If your syncing it with the same account on the same library on the same MacBook then just sync it you won't lose anything.

OP
K

koutelos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I want to change synching to my iMac not to my macbook

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you've got a good sync and backup on your MacBook, so that you can backtrack if things don't work right.

Open iTunes Preferences, go to the Devices tab, and turn off auto-syncing. This will keep you from syncing until you are sure you want too.

Go to the Store menu and authorize the iMac with your iPad's account. (if you are no longer going to use the MacBook to access your iTunes media unauthorize it. This will save your from using up your 5 computer limit later. If you are going to keep playing your music or other iTunes stuff, leave it authorized.

Connect the iPad to the iMac.

When the iMac warns you that it will erase the data on the iPad it should also offer a Transfer Purchases button. Use that. If it does not, then cancel the dialog, right click on the iPad under the Devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases.

Make sure everything you wanted to save off the iPad makes it into the iTunes library on the iMac before you sync the iPad.

Most reactions